Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Since all the new users from Christmas and reopened accounts, ALL the servers are being slammed and now they patch it today and its worse.

Waited in a 500+ queue last night, 40 mins and then the char didn't load.. (happened to everyone). I did get in once, but I lagdied and was so mad, my fingers melted the keys on my KB! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't understand.. allow so many on a server and LOCK IT DOWN. So no queues, no anger, no server issues.

Their player data server is also slammed.

You know, I've never really had issues until now. I have not been able to play without issues (lag) since last week, and I ask Blizzard, ARE YOU GOING TO reimburse me? Either a month free, or a full rest bonus? Grrr.

I give them till March 1st to get their shit in order, or I am gone.

This is BAD timing too, with Dungeons & Dragons coming out soon.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I know how you feel, I have never really faced many issues(even though I was playing on dial up for months) but its has been getting ridiculas recently.

How big is the patch btw?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

They always give out free days so I'm sure if most are affected we will get some. They've already locked char creation on many realms due to overpopulance.
D&D has nothing on WoW as far as scope is concerned however, it is a refreshing break from the normal MMO experience. How did you find the beta, Ziroc?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Oh, also they're apparently adding new hardware to their servers soon, so they can hold the massive amounts that WoW draws in. There was a Dev post about it at some point. That said, this has always been WoW's weak-point since I started playing; underestimating expected population. Yes, we pay $15 a month for it and I feel that it is defo. out of hand at times, but hey at least WoW doesn't suck with but the servers are perfect and stable

I do however feel that every patch seems to bring more bugs and the patches take too long as it is to go live. I'm not being naive or ignorant to the development/gaming process and industry here and I fathom the effort it takes to get new content designed, tested and released without hitches and also am aware that some bugs will never be caught until after release. It is just for a game that rakes in so much cash and so many million customers, a game who has been doing so for over a year...I expect more. Hire testers to work nightshifts alongside the dayshift people and pay them double close to release time, hire your own players to test each build (oh wait they do that already - who knew?). Whatever it takes, god knows Blizz has the money and if farmers are willing to work for pennies all day, people would easily do it for premium wages.

Edit: HT, patch is like 20 some mb IIRC.

[ 02-08-2006, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 02-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well you should all be happy to know that Blizard just bought 1500 top o' the line Opteron servers for WoW and its instances!

Woot!

[ 02-08-2006, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

You know that kinda' reminds me of silkroad online..
So laggy, so laggy...
Old 02-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

My server has been bad for a while, but promises of hardware updates have kept it so I have light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes, they will do something. The transfers are starting to come through also so I'm keeping an eye on them too. I love my server though atm, compared to the old PvE one I was on.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Blizzard should really bring on board the patch streaming technology that GW has. It makes it so easy when they release a small patch every week or so to balance skills, fix bugs etc.

So much better than downloading one mega patch every month or so.

Pluss any changes to an area a streamed to yoyu when entering the area.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Interesting, other mmorpg will get less and less players as the years goes by, but this is the opposite for WOW. It gets more and more players. Like wow!
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote