Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 03:40 AM   #41
Fellhammer
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
All of thee above my friend. I love the 'Tones - Digital Bath. Disturbed, the new down with the sickness song rocks. NOFX and Guttermouth are classic. How about MXPX, Circle Jerks and The Living End?

MxPx are good, the Living End really rock!!! the ataris are ok.
lagwagon vs. nofx - who am i is excellent.
I got White Pony and The Sickness

------------------
Drizzt could sense the power of Twinkle as he took it from the wizard, felt the care of its crafting and the perfection of its balance.
- The Halfling's Gem (Icewind Dale trilogy)
Old 09-08-2001, 03:44 AM   #42
Fellhammer
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
There alright, not my favorit, White Pony was a cool album though

White Pony really rocked!
Old 09-08-2001, 03:52 AM   #43
Fellhammer
Dungeon Master

Superman by Goldfinger really rocks!
Old 09-08-2001, 03:53 AM   #44
Fellhammer
Dungeon Master

Superman by Goldfinger really rocks, I just started guitar aswell.
acoustic, but in one year i can take up electric.
we're gonna make this band called self-titled .
Old 09-08-2001, 04:00 AM   #45
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Wow Kaz, great taste for one so young. I love classical now but didn't when I was your age. I have always liked rock and classic rock. I fell upon a couple of bands that combine rock with classical/symphony and I fell in love with the genra. Now I love pretty much everything. Kaz, I don't know if you've heard of them, but check out Symphony X, Kamelot, Yngwie Malmsteen, and especially the Transsiberian Orchestra. All amazing groups that kinda merge the two styles into an extremely powerful almost anthem like genra. It gives me goosebumps sometimes.

Mil, if you're into Classical/Metal crossovers, you might like Therion and Nightwish a lot! Therion is very classically orientated most of the times, using lots of choirs, classical vocals and a classically oriented songstructure; but still heavy groovy guitars/rhythms (recommended albums: Theli and A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming) and Nightwish is just technical metal music with an amazing female singer (classically trained, *very* good) (recommended albums Oceanborn!!!!! and Wishmaster)
There are some more bands like that out there...do you have Audiogalaxy or somesuch? You should be able to find them!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-09-2001, 03:27 AM   #46
Fellhammer
Dungeon Master

Punk 4 EVER!!!
ANARCHY!!!
Old 09-09-2001, 03:37 AM   #47
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Mil, if you're into Classical/Metal crossovers, you might like Therion and Nightwish a lot! Therion is very classically orientated most of the times, using lots of choirs, classical vocals and a classically oriented songstructure; but still heavy groovy guitars/rhythms (recommended albums: Theli and A'arab Zaraq Lucid Dreaming) and Nightwish is just technical metal music with an amazing female singer (classically trained, *very* good) (recommended albums Oceanborn!!!!! and Wishmaster)
There are some more bands like that out there...do you have Audiogalaxy or somesuch? You should be able to find them!

Hey, thanks a lot for the recomendation. Like I mentioned before, I love everything, but I am very intrigued by the metal classical mix. I'm downloading now. I'll let you know what I think in a minuite.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-09-2001, 03:45 AM   #48
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Melusine, THANK YOU!!! You rock. I completely dig them both. The singer for Nightwish is extremely talented. The instrumentation on Therion is bad a$$!! Both very talented. If you know any more of similar please let me know!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-09-2001, 04:26 AM   #49
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Melusine, THANK YOU!!! You rock. I completely dig them both. The singer for Nightwish is extremely talented. The instrumentation on Therion is bad a$$!! Both very talented. If you know any more of similar please let me know!!

YAY!!!! I knew it!! *big smile!*
Hey what songs did you DL? The singer from Nightwish absolutely rocks! (She's gorgeous too, they have a good website at www.nightwish.com ). Glad you like that sort of thing, actually my vocals resemble hers for quite a bit, I even sang in a Nightwish-cover band

Anyway, I don't know if you'll be able to find these online, but Within Temptation is quite nice, and so is After Forever. The latter is still very new, and they have a lot to learn, but they have an amazing singer as well. Otherwise, I'd just advice you to DL everything you can find from Nightwish; and from Therion try from their album Theli upwards (older work is less interesting). I'll try and find some more similar bands

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH
and the HADB &
Sultry Elflet

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 09-09-2001).]
Old 09-09-2001, 01:53 PM   #50
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Thanks! I got all the Nightwish stuff. I went to CDNOW and found all their song names from both albums and got them both. With Therion, it turns out I had a couple of their songs already, but I went and got about 30 more at random. I am presently getting a bunch of the within temptation stuff and After Forever. I could only find like 7 After Forever songs, but I haven't really started looking hard yet. Favorite song so far is by Nightwish - Passion and the Opera. It reminds me a lot of a song by Sarah Brightman(amazing singer) - Diva Opera Mix. It's from the Fifth Element soundtrack and it reminds me of that song for some reason.

If you can sing like her, you are amazing. I would love to hear some of the stuff you have done! You don't know how into music I am. I've been playing guitar for about 12 years, I have a recording studio behind my house...I love it, but unfortunately I didn't want to make a career out of it until I was too far down a different path.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB