Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 08:32 PM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

It is in the middle of the night here in Sweden, and I can't sleep. I was about to sleep when I all of a sudden started to think of the books "Lord of the rings", and about halflings. Then I thought of my own halfling bounty hunters in my new game that I created, and now I am all awaken, it is impossible to sleep now, even though I know I must get up in 5 hours.

I was thinking of bounty hunters and how powerful they really are with their special traps, and a question popped into my head: WHAT IS THE BEST, AND I MEAN BEST PARTY?? WHAT PARTY HAS THE MOST CHANCE OF SURVIVING WITH LEAST POSSIBLE RELOADS? Having two bounty hunters in the party is a good start. A kensai/thief is another good choice for fighting and backstabbing, but what more? I was thinking of trying out the bard that could do some pickpocketing, lore and use the magic wands and scrolls in the game. I have never played a druid, so maybe I should try out the totemic druid for some good summoning, and healing. I haven't played the monk either, so I figured I would try that one too.

What do you think?? One thief will specialize in open locks, find traps and set traps, and one thief will specialize in find illussions, set traps, hide in shadows and move silently. The kensai/thief will have skills in hide in shadows, move silently, and set traps. This way, I will be able to use every thief-skills already from the beginning, and can set a lot of traps.

I am very tired right now, so I am not thinking clearly, but right now it sounds like a good party. If I play with this party, I think I will count the number of reloads I make in the game. The difficulty level would then be set to middle.
Old 03-11-2001, 08:48 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

This might be an interesting party......
A upper level party comprise of:
3 fighter/mages (1 multi, 1 berserker dual and 1 kensai dual), tank and spell casting
1 ranger/cleric (multi), tank and spell casting
1 fighter/thief (kensai dual), thief stuff and range support
1 thief/mage (dual from any kit), range support and spell casting

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 04:56 AM   #3
sylent
Emerald Dragon

From the sounds of it, a bounty hunter is indeed a very good asset to any party, and it seems that dualing from to either theif or Mage is very good...
Because with a mage, if you dual before level 9, you can still reach max spell levels... but ofcourse, you alreasy know that...
Accords partty sounds like a great one for surviving, whilst kicking arse
I pretty much agree with it

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Theif of the OHF
Old 03-12-2001, 09:48 AM   #4
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Here we go !

- ranger/cleric (multi)

- fighter/mage (dual)

- fighter/thief (multi) or thief/mage /dual)

- an inquisitor

- cleric/mage (multi)

- a monk

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 10:57 AM   #5
Lord Shield

If you don't fancy a monk, have a Sorceror or specilist mage (Invoker or Conjuror)

Old 03-12-2001, 01:29 PM   #6
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks for your suggestions, I have had similar thoughts as you. I had two fighter/mages in my "BEST 4-MEMBER PARTY", but I was a little bored by them. I like to play thieves, and I want to be able to use all thief-skills. There are a lot of good classes, for example kensai/mage or ranger/cleric, and I have already tried them out and know how good they are. I only need one fighter, because if I have a mage, I will be able to summon a lot of creatures to take the hits anyway (wand of summoning).

What about this party?---------->

Human swashbuckler/mage - for some spellcasting and finding and opening locks. He will dual immediately.
Kensai/thief - for fighting, mostly backstabbing
Halfling or Gnome bounty hunter - I can always rest if I want to set more traps
Gnome illussionist/cleric - Lots of spells for backup (an Aerie with more spells)

The reason I picked 4 party members, is that if I have 6 members they will level up very slowly and it would then be difficult to protect everybody. I figured that the mages would be able to take care of themselves, and so would the the thieves. I think this is quite balanced, and would be able to survive throughout the game.

Bear in mind that I intend to count the number of reloads that I make, so I will play this party very cautiously (if I play with this party). This means that I plan to rest a lot, and not rush into anything as I use to.
Old 03-12-2001, 02:04 PM   #7
Rikard

What is the Best party you ask
Not the funnest?
Well there goes the 6 mage party

let's see
True sight is very important but i don't like to give up level 6 spells and becoz I think a Paladin is better than a Fighter ->
Inquisitor
Mages are vital if you have to fight big groups of Badguys (wow badguys) and having a Fighter dualled to a mage is usefull But having at least one full class mage is needed
Kensai/Mage (dual)
Conjurer
Now Thief are importent aswell
But not always good what i do like is a
Fighter-Assassin (is a illegal dual class becoz you can't dual to a kit but shadow keeper makes everything possible (dual)
Ofcourse a Priest is needed What better then a Ranger/Cleric (dual)
So you got 1 space open
You can keep it open or use a blade because he's a good fighter with offensive spin but you need Thac0 lowering weapons

to recap
Inquisitor (or Ranger)
Kensai/Mage (dual)
Conjurer (or Sorcerer/Necromancer/Other Spec.)
Blade
Fighter/Assassin (Dual)
Ranger/Cleric (Dual)

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz

Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-12-2001, 02:10 PM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

No room for a fallen paladin in there Rikard???

Why have any mages at all is what i want to know!

------------------
[insert witty phrase here]
Old 03-12-2001, 02:18 PM   #9
Rikard

Jerome?

Well especially for you
Party

A Paladin
A Fallen Paladin
An Inquisitor
A Cavelier
2 Undead Hunters
(and a Fairy Dragon hehe)

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz

Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-12-2001, 02:34 PM   #10
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think this party is very funny to play. I like to play with thieves remember (look up at posts).

Rikard, could you explain to me...why the USELESS blade?