Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 07:00 PM   #1
SmellyGreenToeJam

I can't seem to kill the iron golem. What is needed here peeps? I hate leaving stuff behind but nothing is working.

Thanks in advance.
SGTJ.

Old 11-19-2000, 07:54 PM   #2
Ronn

I was unable to kill him either, if you have the ring of golem charming, then charm him before he turns red (caused by taking items). Use him with your party to kill the others, then empty the three containers (statues I think, but I can't remember) and then move all your guys into the hall. He's too big to follow. After you finish the de'Arnise Keep Quest he won't be there when you go back.
There are some other hints about this from other in the history of the chat board, but I found it easier just to do it my way.

Old 11-19-2000, 08:25 PM   #3
Archmagi Wah

Are you after the items or the experience?

I got no clue on how to kill the golems but if its just the items you want then why not just cast a Sanctuary spell on one of your clerics and take the whole lot!!
The golems will turn red but they won't attack so you're safe, I recommend anomen if you haven't got a cleric because his fighting skill comes in handy.

Happy looting!!

Old 11-19-2000, 09:17 PM   #4
Suul-Yinn

To hurt an iron golem you will need a +3 or better weapon. Spells have little effect, unless you reduce their resistance first. Cloudkill works though. I managed to dominate one once and used him on the others Oh, clay golems need +2 blunt weapons

Old 11-20-2000, 04:50 AM   #5
Intuition

I think you should not pick up the items first. Rather, force attack the golems while they still have cyan circles around them. That way, you only face one golem at a time.

After you have eliminated the clay golems (blunt weapons to deal dmg, doesn't need to hit modifiers), stone golems (piercing weaponry -- arrows, daggers), and flesh golems (easy, they are like normal monsters).

What you do is, try to summon as many creatures as possible. I have Animal Summoning, Animate Dead, and a hell lot of junk. But I only had 5 creatures (sufficient). Then, equip the Sentient Sword +3 to Minsc (cos he has proficiency in 2 handed weapons) and let him whack the Iron Golem. Retreat at once if the golem uses the poison cloud. After a few minutes, the iron golem should fall.