Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 11:29 AM   #1
boaster

How the h*** do I kill snow trolls? I get them to the point of being almost dead, then blast them with fireballs, acid arrows, lightning--nothing is killing them! Thanks!
Old 02-08-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
Hesperex

If I recall (long time since I played iwd, BG2 is just to good ) but fire worked fine for me, try acid instead but I'd wagger that ye be findin one of the many buggs in the game, just take the latest patch and clobber the game round it's stinkin head till it complies useually works for goblins
Old 02-08-2001, 06:52 PM   #3
SirGwayne

Burning hands works quite well but dont allow your players next to your mage while doing so or they'll get fried to!Also agonizers scorcher works well. be sure they are nocked on the ground first though once they are down than fry 'em!! Good luck!
Old 02-13-2001, 05:20 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

weapons of fire, acid, phasing or stun seem to kill trolls (stun kills a troll?!)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 12:30 AM   #5
boaster

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I think I hit some kind of bug in the program. The snow trolls seem to be in god mode--they won't die. I hit one with 3 fireballs, 2 acid arrows and 2 fire arrows--it gets to "Almost Dead" but never beyond. I ended up reverting to an earlier save, then going back and now they die like they should.