Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just a few brief thoughts tonight... it's been a long time since I've been able to game, and life was good tonight.

First off, the Den has now completed all the Ishad N'ha quests. Retrieved the Eye, slew the bandit king, and offed Grue Morde. On to Brimloch Roon...

The Den took a chance on killing Erathsmedor, but it was quickly determined that he would be too much. I mean, they only had around 30 healrealm scrolls... and when you're dealing just 8-10 points of damage per shot, ya ain't doin' much...

So after reloading, the Den retrieved the Mavin sword, D'Soto's chain, and a few more ankhs. Digger, the assassin, is the only one in bonus territory for attributes, so we're saving the ankhs.

Realized after a few minutes of gaming that anyone can wield the Mavin... including some little wimpy rogues. So Stripes, the lead Boogre rogue, is now wielding the mavin. Digger has a nightblade, while Slinky, Miss Piggy, and Half-Pint wield Rapiers +1. Only Janet still has a Short Sword +1... for now...

Ran into the problem with my game freezing again, but since I know it's just a temporary halt, it's mostly annoying. Except that when it freezes, commands can stack up. If I try to turn, it stacks up the turns, and when it comes back, it executes them all.

Neat, huh? Not very useful, right? Wrong!

Everything stacks up, including (somehow) going upward. During one freeze, I somehow hit a jump, or a look-up/go forward, because when the freeze was over, the entire Den screamed as they fell (you may recall the sound... aahhhhhh!). The average damage they took was 65 points, and Janet became a gnomecake. We took a look around, and we appeared to be at the top of... something! I'm not sure what, but a short step later, and we dropped into the tops of some trees.

At this point, Digger cast a call of home spell to get us out of the mess. Healed everyone up at the temple, and away they went....

Got all the Brimloch Roon quests, and completed the Argothius one. Digger's IceStorm sure comes in handy... Now onto Talric and the rest of the BR area...

Oh... I noticed one interesting thing while dozing through Sabastio's speech. He actually asked us to "destory" Mada Mabbig, not destroy her. If my mind were working better, I'd come up with a delightful comment about that, but since it's not, I'll leave it with... %&@$% typos! I hate that as a programmer...

More later, as the news warrants...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes I have also noticed a few mis-spellings in the game. They are quite funny. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But it seems you are close to putting me out of the job. Stackman no longer has the best means of scaling those heights - Freezeman does.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

LOL Bunglaeu. The next time the game freezes punch that jmp button several times. Especially if you're on open ground. T'would be very interesting to see what would happen. I doubt the programmers added any coordinates upwards so to speak. Perhaps you'll discover space travel. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, Willow, I did get to a tremendous height. After the first freeze came back, I was on the edge of a world -- nothing but black in front of me, and some pixilated dots.

And need I remind you, we were high enough to take nearly 100 points of damage from falling? I'm not sure I've ever been up that high before, and I've tree-surfed to some good places, let me tell you...

*edit* And not to worry, bsftcs -- at least using Stackman's methods, the whole party survives. Going Freezeman's way is akin to playing russian roulette with an automatic pistol... [img]graemlins/rambo.gif[/img]

[ 04-06-2004, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote