Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Green Drop Weekend as poasted on Guildwars.com 10 October 2006
This weekend, every Canthan boss monster that you slay will be three times as likely to drop a special, or "green," item. The start of this event will be Noon PDT on Friday and the greens will continue to drop at triple the normal rate through 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday. Good hunting!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Geesh! I wish they'd stop with the 'special weekends' already! Clogs the servers even more than usual, encourages the very thing they say they don't want (excessive farming) and is just damned unnecessary.

I play because I like the game; I do not need to be freakin' bribed!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah I agree the farming of those easy bosses is going to be crazy this weekend.

Though this will hopefully give me the chance to get that Wing's Axe I've been wanting for a while.

Already have me a Chikkrs Pincers and Everthorns Chakrams for my Assassin.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I gotta get me some Everthorns... Ungues are nice and all, but you really feel the lack of energy with higher cost(10/10/10) chains. So far, I am making do with Critical Strike, which has to be THE most powerful assassin skill in the game. Gives lots of energy, it does.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

And Remember these drops are only going to be on the Factions Game Side. If you don't have Factions and you want to play and get these drops check with your friends that have the pre-order pack to see if you can get their 10 hour Free to play key. Then bring one of your high end characters over to the Canthan mainland and you'll find yourself in Kaineng Center. From there find yourself a team of grab the Henchmen and start hunting the bosses.

Post all you good drops Here or start a GW Unique & Green Drop link to show what everybody finds.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:52 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Umm... no, TCB, it doesn't work that way.
You can't transfer existing characters to other continents without actually owning those expansions.
You can't keep anything you pick up with trail characters, as the trial characters can't trade or access Xunlai.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:40 AM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Trial Key accounts have to be created as seperate key accounts. They can't be added to an existing account.

My assassin never runs out of energy with her Zealous Zodiac Daggers of Enchanting and Assassin Promise and Black Lotus strike. It gives you a redicilious amount of energy.

The only way to get greens with a trial key is to start from scratch and useing 2 of those 10 hours getting out of Shing Jea.

Then there are only a few bosses in Marketplace and Waijun Bazzar that you could cap. Maybe a few in Vizuanah square but most of the good ones are further in.

You would be better of asking you friends to get them for you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

Could anyone post a quick reference of the bosses/drops/locations of the green bosses in Cantha? I know Tyria greens like the back of my hand...Cantha, I know none!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yup Check out this Link

Green Item List
Old 10-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Try here.
EDIT:
Garr! TDC Had an unfair advantage! He knew that it was hopeless to post a Factions list because it contained outlawed HTML properties, and I tried that so I wasted my time... *shakes fist at TDC*

[ 10-12-2006, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]