Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-31-2001, 09:58 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Anomen, Minsc and Emre (me) are advanced a level. Now they're all level 12 and it's time to choose a proficiency. Damn, it's very hard to decide..

EMRE
2-handed sword +++++
2-hand style ++

MINSC
Mace ++
Dual wielding +++
2-handed sword ++
Bow ++

ANOMEN
Mace ++
Hammer +
Sling ++
Sword and Shield +

For Emre, I'm thinking about halberd or axe, because he's already completed with 2-handed sword and weapon stlye but maybe I should choose katana to use CELESTIAL fury?

For Minsc, I want him to go with dual wielding. He's already completed in dual wielding. But he's got only mace for it. Mace is fine but Longsword, Katana and Flails are much better. So longsword can be nice. I have daystar, dragonsbane but also flail of ages. Nobody holds this weapon in party Maybe I should pick flail instead of longsword?

And finally for Anomen, I want him to be the wielder of Crom Faeyr. I didnt found this weapon yet but soon I believe that I'll find. Anomen is the best choice for Crom Faeyr in my opinion. Because Minsc and Emre are causing massive damages but Anomen's attacks are a little weak. It can balance the party. Anomen is apropriate for melee fighting because his HP is great (more than Minsc) So I think I can spend proficiency slots in hammer.

So if you were me, what will be your selections for level 12 and later? Do you agree my proficiency ideas?
Old 08-31-2001, 11:45 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
If you're already going two handed, then I think it's best to have all two handed weapon - stick with halberd, spear, staff. I like halberds. There are a couple of good maces for Minsc, but maybe longsword or katana as well. Anomen could perhaps dualwield crom frayr and flail of ages. Hope I've been helpful.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:09 AM   #3
Aurum
Manshoon

I suggest long sword, why?, for the slayer dragons.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 09-01-2001, 01:45 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Well without a doubt give anomen another point in hammer. he is insane with crom faeyr and you have nobody else in your party that could use it.
Minsc it looks like you want to dual wield so going flail is probably not a bad idea. if you go katana though you can use celestial fury as you said which is great. really i am kinda down on 2h weapons since I have tried out the many many good 1 weapons. its going to be hard to chose what to give minsc because there are so many choices and your main char seems very devoted to 2 handed weapons. Longsword will give you more variety (there are times when you might want to wield 2 of the very fine longswords in the game). If you go on to ToB it doesn't really help you decide either as you have even more weapons added into the mix. after having used celestial fury though I really have to give that the nod even though you don't really have any other superb katanas to wield in the off hand (which would then force you to use a mace). if you don't like any of the maces you might want to go longsword so you can use 2 longswords.
for your main char thats tough. as I said I am not that much into 2 handed weapons these days. Go halberd I guess. it would be silly to throw out 7 profiency slots and go with a 1 handed weapon at this stage.
Old 09-02-2001, 01:13 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Good Idea Anomen goes with mace/hammer, Minsc goes with longsword/katana

I havent found celestial fury yet But I'll find it soon. I read the stats of the weapon sounds good but as I understand it doesnt have any difference betweeen any +3 longsword EXCEPT lightning damage and stun effect. But the chance for it is only %5, so isn't it so low?
Old 09-02-2001, 07:14 AM   #6
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

you dont find kata fast beter take long sword and anome dont now that
Old 09-02-2001, 08:44 AM   #7
HooC
The Magister

So far I have Kensai level 10

+++++ Long Sword
++ Single weapon fighting