Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 11:53 AM   #1
jpate1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am playing the game with two wizards. Currently I'm 10th level and have reached 7th level stone spells but have not learned all yet. I've killed Scabban.

Question #1 - Both wizards were members of the guild before getting scabban quest, but it seems as if only one got credit for it? Is this correct? If so is there a remedy?

Question #2 - Ideas for role ascension, switching etc. (sp?)? Skill/level?
in other words, a plan!
jpate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Ok, first, for the quest issue, are you patche or not and did both your guys take the quest?

For advancement. Once you got your level 7 in Stone, change. If you're guild hoping I suggest barbarian to get the much needed HP and Picklock skill.

If you're not guild hoping. I would probably take one of your guys to Warlock (get the Ident, Fiend and Moon magic) and I would leave your second one at Wizard and change to Bard (same reason but keep Warlock for last for that one). In the mean time, leave your stone magic alone and learn sun spells.

here's what you could do:

Wizard->Warlock->Paladin->Ranger->Samourai->Zenmaster
Wizard->Bard->Ninja->Monk->Warlock->Assassin

In terms of skill, use your skill points when you level up on skills that you can't train at guild (xcept for magic up to lvl 7).

Good luck and remember that the most important thing is for you to have fun.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 02:40 PM   #3
jpate1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I do not think my first wizard got the quest although second one did. When I get the second quest, my wizard that did not get the first quest, received the second quest. I know this is confusing but. . . And, yes I am patched.

As to your advice about switching roles. I have access to 7th level spells but have not learned all yet. Should I switch at this point or wait until I "learn" all spells. As this is my first time playing, I'm really quite unsure what to do. However, my goal is to have a really, REALLY powerful party with two members.
jpate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 05:30 AM   #4
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a 15th level worlack who started as a wizard who is lv 7 at all of the sun, stone, moon, fiend spells. If i tak him to paladin will he loose his spell casting abilities.

I already have a paladin who went -> warrior-> ranger -> paladin. What should I take him to?

And a monk that went priest->monk who has all my lvl 7 spirit spells. Should I make her a paladin too?

Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 06:10 AM   #5
Traute
The Magister

Jpate, you need to take the quests for every char separately. As your game is patched, there should be no problem doing this, as you can't interrupt the guildmaster while he's talking. A char only gets credit if he/she has clicked on the quest button to get the quest, not if another party member who's in the same guild has taken the quest.
If you have the Storm spells in both Sun and Stone magic, you're fine. You don't really need Circle of Fire or Reflect Damage to finish the game, and you could buy Circle of Fire from the Wiz guild. But you'll need the lower lvl spells like Incinerate/Burning Haze (Sun) or Merlin's Shield/Lavawalk etc in a lot of situations. Note that after changing class you can only learn spells in the previous schools at half your current lvl - with lvl 7 you can learn lvl 3, and no more. So you could have second thoughts about Stone, as Wizard is the only class that can learn them early on save Warlock, though you'll need all your level-ups as a Warlock to learn the spells in the new schools that become available. But you can cast every spell you know after class changing.

Personally, I use the Warlock class to collect all the spells I couldn't learn earlier, after running through Wizard, Paladin, Ranger and Bard or Ninja.

If you want really powerful chars, you need to do a lot of class changing and join all the guilds and buy a lot of training there. Buy Int lvls at the Wizard's Guild up to Int 20, as Int/4 equals the number of skill points you get. All my chars join every available guild by taking on / cancelling promotion quests, if they're fulfil the stats requirements. In a patched game you'll get the money for all this buying and re-selling +1 arrows at the warrior guild.

Merack, your Warlock won't use his spellcasting abilities as a paladin, he'll add a new magic school, Spirit magic.

I don't know which part of the game you're currently playing. If you're at Ishad N'Ha, close to Warriors' /Priest Guild lvl 5, I'd advise you to let your paladin wait a bit, as you can buy the most powerful skills after reaching guild lvl 5 (Fletchery for Rangers at the Warriors' Guild, Crusade for Paladins at the Priest Guild, and some more). You could let him/her change to Ninja or Sam after that.
The Monk class can learn Spirit spells, as you have them all, how about changing to Ranger to get the rest of the Vine spells? Cure and Breath of Air (lvl 6) are really important spells, and the lvl 7 spells are also important as your char obviously doesn't know any other high lvl offensive spells yet.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 11:11 AM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

That's right Jpate, you shouldn't have wasted your time learning low level spells when you first started. The good new is that since you want powerfull character, you can always reset the game and start over keeping all your stuff (xcept quest items).

Now, here's what you want to do in order:

Change to Warlock
RESET Game immediately after the change
Fiend to 7
Change to Paladin
RESET game immediately after the change
Spirit to 7
Change to Ranger
RESET game immediately after the change
Vine to 7
Change to Warlock
Moon to 7
Change to Barbarian
Go to about level 7 (just to get some HP and put your points in Prowless or Galantry)
Change to Warlock
Sun to 7
Change to the role you'd like to start adventuring with
RESET Game
Start your adventures for real.

Just to give you an idea, this is how I would develop my character on my first cycle through a given spell book. Later in the game, when you come back to a spell book, you learn the rest of the spells that you need.

Read as follow: level/caster1/caster2

Spirit:
1/Bless/Heal
2/Charm/Spirit Eye
3/Great Heal, Dispel Undead/Dispel Undead
4/none/Force of Mind
5/Healing Realm/Healing Realm
6/Restore Health, Dust to Dust/Dust to Dust
7/Exorcism/Artifact of Spirit

Sun:
1/Burn/Burn
2/Flamedrop/Flamedrop