Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 04:34 AM   #1
Catharsis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For some reason, whenever I complete a quest that requires me to go out and find something, then return to whoever gave me the quest, they say I haven't completed it yet. For example, the Wizard quest to find out what happened to Scabban... I went and talked to him, came back to Roendalf, and he told me that "He still wonders about Scabban". What's the deal?
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:54 AM   #2
Traute
The Magister

In some games you find Scabban outside his laboratory, and the game seems to check if you talked to him in his laboratory, in which case you won't get credit for the quest.
I always killed him after listening to his plans (and got credit), especially after I saw that he refers to Cet as 'the Master'.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 05:03 AM   #3
Catharsis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Kay, I'll give that a shot...
The other quest I struggled with were the ones that I had to complete in the Boogre caves, like figuring out what happened to Grunaxe. No credit for that one either. Can you (or anyone) help me out?
Old 06-07-2001, 05:13 AM   #4
Traute
The Magister

Have you actually talked to Grunaxe's ghost? That should do it. Especially if you let him tell you how he died saving the other boogres.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 05:20 AM   #5
Catharsis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope, sure didn't... Guess I'll hafta go knock that out really quick. I just put up another random post, too... Check that one out fer me

Thanks again!

------------------
JDS
Old 06-07-2001, 06:27 AM   #6
Rene
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed that nasty Scabban guy too - and later on another member in my party was given this quest and could not finish it. So be careful who you are going to kill. You may need this guy afterwards.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:22 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

@Catharsis: Something is wrong with your game. The unpatched version of the game checks whether you have entered Scabban's Laboratory - you need not talk to Scabban at all, you need not even meet him. Well, you HAD TO enter his laboratory - otherwise you could not flip the lever (the laboratory is the room with the lever that removes the crate from the underwater exit) and you could not leave the Asylum. The patched version checks whether you have talked with Scabban - no matter where you have met him.
In both cases, you have completed the quest and you should get the credit. I reccomend the following:
a) Unpatched version: Return to Asylum (it is no problem now), enter the laboratory, jump through the hole in the floor there, leave the Asylum and try getting the credit again.
b) Reset adventures and begin from scratch. Oh well...
c) Curse the implementation team of W&W, uninstall the game then install it and begin from complete scratch.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote