Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2002, 06:25 PM   #11
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Yea I had Niles and Olap attack me to... but for different reason.

When you get sent on the errand to get the Mercs from the bar by the docks... Niles tells you that if there is trouble to handle it as you see fit,and he won`t hold it against you.....

BULL!

First time I tried it,I got in a fight with the Mercs. Killed them. The town turned against me....
Swift Jack or whatever ran away from me.....
And I got attacked every where I went... including Niles and Olap...

Thank god for saved games...

My Paladin didn`t fall though.....

[ 11-13-2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Lord Corwin ]
Old 11-13-2002, 06:38 PM   #12
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Hmm, that's weird, I've killed all the iron collar guys (usually do, they're obnoxious and you get more exp that way) and not had anyone turn on me. Maybe you hit the barbarian trader guy by mistake during the fight?
Old 11-13-2002, 07:01 PM   #13
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Could be... It was my first time playing... very possible I thought the Trader guy was part of the Iron Collar guys...
In fact... I think your right. Because the next time around.. I just had a drinking game with the guy for his wolf talisman...

Oh well. I always make sure to save everytime I think I`m going into something hairy.....
Old 11-13-2002, 07:16 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, I let the monks live. I was iching to kill them all but I don't want to have a guilty conscious. after all, I don't attack nonhostile people.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 08:33 PM   #15
Lord Corwin
The Magister

LOL only time I was "itching" to slaughter the Monks,was after the Chambers of 8. I never wanted to see another living Monk again!! [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 09:24 PM   #16
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Gimli, how much did you get for wasting the Iron Collar jerks? It's a total of 1500 points if you get them to report to the Palisade. Are they worth more than 500 apiece?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 10:50 PM   #17
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well you get exp for "laying down the law in targos" as a dialogue option, which I think is equal to the exp for bluffing them into reporting to the palisade with the Phaen/traitor method (think it's 450 either way). They go for (I think) around 225 or 250 exp each when you kill them; and then Shawford gives you some more exp when you tell him you took them out (I think 900). It's definitely more than the peaceful route, and you get their equipment too, think one has splint mail which at that point isn't too bad, one has a bastard sword - nothing else that special though from the bodies.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:29 AM   #18
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Well, it's 600 on the spot when you get them to report, and 900 from Shawford when you tell him the news. I usually prefer peaceful solutions, so never started a fight with them (besides, more fodder for the gobbies ).

Now I must go back to some early save game somewhere (hope I still have one) and see how it goes the other way.

Nightowl2
Old 11-14-2002, 08:01 AM   #19
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well the game even seems to egg you on where those useless sad sacks are concerned though [img]smile.gif[/img] Check the dialogue options you get when you talk to Shawford when he gives you that mini quest (things like "I've been wanting to crack some skulls around here" and "I'll be back with.. or without them"). And either way he gives you exp for it, so he seems happy.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:55 PM   #20
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, I know you get the same response whether you say "I wanna crack heads" or "what if things turn violent". He does say he'd prefer to have them on the palisade, but he isn't too concerned if you have to waste them. So now you've given me two things to check out, this and the wizard feat business.

Nightowl2