Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow RE: Hit Rating, Resilence, Defense, etc...

Starting to gear my Prot-Warr seriously for Raid purposes, but... I am in confusion on what I am suppose to aim for. No site seems to be in agreement on what the final figures should be, and the formulas (if any), are all over the place.

I would like a site where they have the most up-to-date formulas, so that I can calculate the necessary figures myself. Especially one where I can juggle Resilience and Defense to become uncriticable from Raid Bosses.

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Hit Rating, Resilence, Defense, etc...

LOL we've sucked Dundee in - he's now hardcore!! Remember this?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=99640

I would go to 2 places:

www.elitistjerks.com
www.tankspot.com

For rogues EJ has a spreadsheet where we can figure out gear itemisation and all that junk. There's also a download called RAWR (google it) which helps with that. If you're interested in the maths though EJ and Tankspot should have that, EJ is one of the best known theorycrafting sites out there.

Back in TBC, I thought the magic defense number was 491. It may have changed in WOTLK.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

Default Re: Hit Rating, Resilence, Defense, etc...

Ok, glad your getting hardcore Dundee.

Firstly, you do not want to juggle defence and resiliance. That's not a good idea. Although resiliance will act as defence, it will be gimped in other areas.

By all means have a PvP set and a PvE set.

Anyway, afaik, the magic defence number is is 540. So, first thing is first, you aim for that. Obviously, this is the number you are crit immune at.

Now you can go over this if you want, it isn't a cap. It will still add to your dodge/block/parry, but its best to get as close to 540 as you can.

As for other stats, the great thing about warriors is it doesnt matter what you aim for.

Crit immunity is the only must (taking stamina as a given here).

Now, the other stats you'll find yourself looking at is Agility, Strength, SBR, SBV, Dodge and Parry.

All are equally useful.

Agility grants crit and dodge, str grants SBR, and the rest are obvious. The best stat is parry out of the defence mechanisms btw, as it resets your swing timer. So parry = win.

SBR is nice, but only worth it if you have a nice SBV. that depends on your gear.

Best way is to try to keep them balanced, all of them. You wont find any magic numbers because for a warrior tank there are none. Some fights like avoidance, some like mitigation.

I always had two sets of gear....basic rule is - Hit hard and slow = mitigation. Hit soft and fast = avoidance.

Just hit crit immunity mate, everything else falls into place.