Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 03:35 PM   #1
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

....Or do i just have those spells a little early in the game.
I'm in the stout mines, just finished boogre caves. Icestorm, firestorm and meteorstorm are starting to make things a little boring(i still find the puzzles challenging). I feel i could make through the stout mines with my 2 warlocks alone.

Do the things you fight later on have more resistance or are fights just as easy in the late game??? does the patch do anything pertaining to this, i haven't downloaded it yet.

Regards
Joe
joay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 04:33 PM   #2
mikeyg123
The Magister

the guys get harder to kill, but the storm spells are still way powerfull, but if u deside to kill the old tree u will NEED the storm spells, and from what i know about the patch, i dont think it does ne thing to the bad guys.

hope this helped

------------------
"if u dont like sex,.... get out of the kitchen!!!"
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 04:41 PM   #3
mdalos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How did you get these spells so early??? I am in the same dungeon as you but the biggest spells I have are lightning and flamestrike. I guess I spread my points out too much instead of just putting it all on sun. For me, these dungeons are just challenging enough...can usually squeak by except for the jungle lillies!

Michelle
mdalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 05:03 PM   #4
Traute
The Magister

Mdalos, I get them while still at Valeia. I get the XP by fighting Rumphy at the Crypt multiple times and the cash by buying and re-selling +1 arrows. I usually whack Scabban's Evil at the Toadem with a Meteorstorm or two.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 09:01 AM   #5
mdalos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh well, i don't want to start again so I will just have to carry on...running and firing flamestrike over my head has become my favourite little game! Thanks for the info though.

Michelle
mdalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 05:02 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

One way to make things a little more difficult is to increase the monster difficulty and increase the spawn rate to often. If you do that, all of those times you cast a storm spell will eventually wear your mana down to nothing. Also, if your safeguard mode is set to "Safe" no area affect spells cast by you will harm you. Area effect spells are things like Flamestrike, Magma Bomb, Meteor and also the storm spells. Try moving it up a little if you haven't already.

-Jafin

------------------
Let's see how those Amazoni Mantraps stand up to the power of Tiltowait!
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 08:36 PM   #7
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Damn, that's what safe means??!!

that's cool to know. i'll turn it up so i won't be able to use area effect spells as easy.

thanx!
joay
joay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 10:37 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

@Jafin: It does not help. I am playing the game at "hard - often - hard - guarded" all the time and I have no opponents in the game. Well, I do an extensive training in Valeia. I think W&W is unstable in the sense that either you get almost unsolvable problems (mantraps vs. low level and unexperienced party, etc.) or you get a pack of batmans that cannot be endangered at all.
I am trying the following solution now:
a) Prepare a future Zenmaster: well, all magic schools, but 1 spell per magic school, level 1 character, low skill scores.
b) Send 2 batmans through the game for the required tomes.
c) Create a Zenmaster and reset adventures. Play Zenmaster solo.
Now, the Zenmaster will be unable to reset his level back to 1 by reset adventures. He will be able to train but he will advance in levels, therefore, the training will become inefficient gradually. He will be strong but not so strong as the batmans I have created so far. I hope...
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 01:37 PM   #9
mikeyg123
The Magister

try putting it to death match-often-hard....it worked when i got bored of killing things with one hit..
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote