Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Government at Work - In mid-March, as war started in Iraq, a resolution was introduced in the Seattle City Council offering support for U.S. troops. However, some council members wanted to use the resolution to express opposition to the war, while others wanted to go beyond troop support to commend the war itself. When the Council finally agreed on a politically bland-enough resolution on April 14, it meant that the members had been fighting over the wording of the resolution for a longer time than it took U.S. troops to enter Iraq and capture Baghdad.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 06-17-2003, 07:10 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. An example, of why nothing gets done much by governement.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-17-2003, 08:03 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

A question... did they actually FIND any weapons of mass destruction? I was never clear on that point; because IIRC that was the main reason they used at the start for invading Iraq, I could be wrong tho...
Old 06-17-2003, 09:08 PM   #4
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
A question... did they actually FIND any weapons of mass destruction? I was never clear on that point; because IIRC that was the main reason they used at the start for invading Iraq, I could be wrong tho...
They have not found anything yet, but the searching has really begun yet.

What ever became of those mobile labs they found a while back? There was speculation they were used to be used for something.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-17-2003, 09:30 PM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

Don't you just love an efficient use of tax money?

I'm willing to bet, that the majority of these pinheads don't even know the reason why their arguing, they just know that if the opposition agrees than it can't be good, so therefore gets an automatic veto.

About the only thing that politicians and government officials are capable of agreeing upon is a salary increase for themselves.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:50 PM   #6
spydar

I have absolutely no faith in any form of government, be it my student union or our national parlimentary system. none of them actually give a crap about what we have to say. a couple thousand students protest against differential tuition and what do our board of governors say? screw that we want more money!!! jackasses
Old 06-18-2003, 01:21 AM   #7
Djinn Raffo
Ra

When Gordon Campbell, my premier, got pulled over dui, sloshed full of martini's in Hawaii i began to think something is wrong with my province's government. When i think of the massive cuts to healthcare, education, the forced exodus of thousands of govt. workers, and his middle finger to the environment.. amongst many other piss you off points..

oh yeah.. British Columbia.. we need a premier.

[ 06-18-2003, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 06-18-2003, 01:32 AM   #8
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
They have not found anything yet, but the searching has really begun yet.

What ever became of those mobile labs they found a while back? There was speculation they were used to be used for something.
Maybe the problem is with me.. but imho inventing cassus belli to sway popular opinion is a piss off offence. It sucks to be lied to, it's like admitting you bought a lemon from a used car salesmen, no no, Jon Voigt owned this LeBaron. Whether the lie is about getting bj's in the oval office.. or the reasoning behind why my son has died on the other side of the world. It's easier to make excuses for the lies than admit that their was a lie.

The ends justify the lies don'tcha know.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:11 AM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:

Oh good grief not this again...There were about 2 dozen Official reasons for going after Saddam, the one that got everyones attention (and so was the one pounded on hardest) was WoMD. The Euphrates river had huge quantities of chemicals poured into it by the Iraqi's so there are some of the WoMD, they found chemical bombs so there are some more for you...they found Chemical rockets...yet more for you, god only knows how much stuff got smuggled out to Syria and Iran. Eveyone from the UN to Hans Blix all Stated that the WoMD did at some point exist, the question that was at hand was..."Where the F&^* are they?" Saddam was required by the ceasde fire agreement to divulge this info...he did not. and round it goes.

This is also all [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

[ 06-18-2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 06-18-2003, 09:14 AM   #10
MagiK

Now to post back on topic instead of dragging the Iraq war into things...

You see this is a prime example of why I am for limited government, abolition of the income tax and every other form of wealth redistribution sponsored by the government...they are complete bunglers in administering these kinds of things. They cannot do any thing efficiently and are the single biggest source of waste in the nation.... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] ok Im done now.

[ 06-18-2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]