Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-25-2001, 12:34 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Hmmmmm....my party just arrived trough the dungeon and now I´m ready to beat up ol´Firekrag some...BUT My sorcerer havn´t got the magical resistance in his repetoire...and I´m stuck with:
Sorcerer 9th lvl.
Priest of Lathande 10th lvl.
Priest of Helm 10th lvl.
Bounty Hunter 11th lvl.
Paladin 9th lvl.
Anemonen 10th lvl.

Do you guys have some kind of strategy on this party...I do NOT want to loose half the party...
I allready configured the priest´s and Anemonen´s spells to summon lots of canonbait for the big old reddie...But if thats gonna cut it is a good ?

Jespermohr
Old 08-25-2001, 12:41 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well you may be a little low level to take him out. But he is one of the easier dragons to take out. There is some cheesey ways to take him out like standing just of the screen and cloudkill. But that is just lame. You can try to summon stuff and keep him busy and send the tanks in. But he is still a dragon and very tuff. YOU could try using some things like Greater Malison to affect his saving throws. Then try to use some magic on him. May be with some luck a Polmorph.
Old 08-25-2001, 01:08 PM   #3
Bain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

magic resistance is a preist spell, lowers it to like 40 somthing then use lower magic resistance, or not and cast malasion
Old 08-27-2001, 04:20 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Taking him out like standing just of the screen with cloudkill has any disadvantages/penalties? I still gained xp but the quests are still in my book.
Old 08-27-2001, 04:26 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Taking him out like standing just of the screen with cloudkill has any disadvantages/penalties? I still gained xp but the quests are still in my book. Should I fight with honor?
Old 08-27-2001, 10:23 AM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Okay....I did him in...cheesed him with the friendly spell Magic resistance...HEY if they made it work in the game...it is not cheating!
Then I send in the canonfodder...five skeletons wich Firekrag immediately wingbuffed...and POW...eight magic misiles right in his head...then I send in the tanks...three priests and one paladin...Hehehehe...my thief just watched as I haven´t been able to use my backstab...HOW DO I USE THAT BY THE WAY...
Old 08-27-2001, 10:47 AM   #7
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Doing a back-stab is very easy just hide in shadows and get behind the enemy and take a swing. Note some weapons will work and some will not. And like you said some creatures can not be backstabed
Old 08-27-2001, 01:25 PM   #8
Istaron
Banned User

Spar, is that YOU? My, I didn't expect to see you here

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-27-2001, 02:14 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

Make sure your priests can cast the third level spell 'protection from fire' on each of your party members. Then cast the second level mage spell 'resist fear' on everyone. Then just whack the beast with all you've got

Old 08-27-2001, 02:17 PM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

...And you are?
Actually my real name is Jesper...but it sounds kinda goofy in this forum so I chose the character that has impressed me the most...and that is the
Pandion ( Paladin )Knight Sparhawk from the books by David Eddings...I highly recommend them by the way...But even though he is the highmark of the books it is his friend and knightly brother in arms the big Thalesian Knight, Ulath who is my most favored knight.
This is a large, strong and quiet knight from the northen lands.
He has contactwith the heathen Gods of the Trolls...and he insists on weqring a chainmail instead of a platemail...´cause of the high risk of drowning in the many rivers in Thalesia.
His humor is surpressed comments given in the right time and then he is a master with his battleaxe