Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2001, 10:05 PM   #11
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
????? Moni, I have seen several threads locked in most likely defense of you by Mods. Don't know what basis you have that Mods are "against" you, I have never seen anything on the forum to give me that impression. Sometimes there are no mods on at certain times, and again, I have seen threads locked to stop the fighting quite frequently lately.

Excuse me?! Is this a "here we go again"?
Did I say that I think the mods are against me?
NO!
I said I was told their opinion of me by someone else!
Does that mean I believe it?
NO!
Would I care if they did harbor feelings against me?!
NO!
Do I think that when mods are here that they should make everyone follow the same rules?
YES!
But...Did I say that I think the mods are against me?
NO!

MILAMBER<
I would "no more of this" if people would stop twisting what I say and then getting on my case for it!
I agreed to keep my opinion to myself AS A PROMISE TO ONE OFFENDED before all this started but like I said, I don't play games and I don't take sh*t and if people can get that throiugh their head, maybe they'll stop making asses of themselves to try to make one of me!

Moridin,
Thank you and 250, LMAO you crack me up!
I am not pissed off, just fed up. I harbor no anger or hatred for anyone here and I thank you for your concern...I am Ok really.

But get serious people what is more important here...my opinion of Bush or the sufferng our country is going through?

Go, let your souls be constructive in the healing and let the fact that we don't agree drop. It doesn't matter and I refuse to be a part of it any longer....however, if anyone wants to misquote me and twist my opinion around to be a view of their own assumptions of what they want me to be insinuating, I'll be back to defend my rights as a member of this board.

It is shameful the amount of energy expended for hatred for me and what I think!
Do I do the same to any of you ?!
NO!
Believe me if I did I would have been banned a long time ago!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:07 PM   #12
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Well, LoA better clean up hiz act or memsy is going to a fatality/aussie power bomb on him!

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-11-2001, 10:15 PM   #13
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Excuse me?! Is this a "here we go again"?
Did I say that I think the mods are against me?
NO!
I said I was told their opinion of me by someone else!
Does that mean I believe it?
NO!
Would I care if they did harbor feelings against me?!
NO!
Do I think that when mods are here that they should make everyone follow the same rules?
YES!
But...Did I say that I think the mods are against me?
NO!

MILAMBER<
I would "no more of this" if people would stop twisting what I say and then getting on my case for it!
I agreed to keep my opinion to myself AS A PROMISE TO ONE OFFENDED before all this started but like I said, I don't play games and I don't take sh*t and if people can get that throiugh their head, maybe they'll stop making asses of themselves to try to make one of me!

Moridin,
Thank you and 250, LMAO you crack me up!
I am not pissed off, just fed up. I harbor no anger or hatred for anyone here and I thank you for your concern...I am Ok really.

But get serious people what is more important here...my opinion of Bush or the sufferng our country is going through?

Go, let your souls be constructive in the healing and let the fact that we don't agree drop. It doesn't matter and I refuse to be a part of it any longer....however, if anyone wants to misquote me and twist my opinion around to be a view of their own assumptions of what they want me to be insinuating, I'll be back to defend my rights as a member of this board.

It is shameful the amount of energy expended for hatred for me and what I think!
Do I do the same to any of you ?!
NO!
Believe me if I did I would have been banned a long time ago!

I know how you feel. I feel the same way too alot on IW. I just cant seem to speak my mind as well as most people here can.

But I guess with so many people its hard not have alot of very diffrent opions.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-11-2001, 10:21 PM   #14
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
I know how you feel. I feel the same way too alot on IW. I just cant seem to speak my mind as well as most people here can.

But I guess with so many people its hard not have alot of very diffrent opions.

I have always thought that you did a pretty good job of expressing yourself. You know, usually this is a very open and easy place to make your opinion known.

If our CONGRESSMEN can put pollitics behind them to fight this, I'm thinking that we should be able to do no less. Like Moni said, what's going on in the world is more important right now then our political views. This is a senseless waste of engergy.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 10:23 PM   #15
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

I am quarter done with the red wizards.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-12-2001, 10:28 PM   #16
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Heyhey now... don't have to resolve to this... no battles and all...

Don't worry Moni! I am here by your side... but LoA is a friend.. err.. LoA? Ahh... maybe I'll just be in the background...

------------------

Hey, I've gotta crush on you Melissan... please be my gurl!
Old 09-12-2001, 10:52 PM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I hope this thread does not attract more ill feelings toward one another.
It seems that it's intent is to exaxt revenge.
The very thing most people here are hoping that the U.S. does not do in retaliation to all Islams, and the other nationalities involved.
Decisions made in anger are dangerous.

I agree with LoA that your comment was one that made me feel uncomfortable.
I did not have anything worth saying against it though, as I try to stay out of battles of words.
It doesn't get me anywhere, and I am not good at them anyway.

LoA was more easily provoked into expressing his emotions than anyone else on here. To think that the Moderators are basically cheering him on is not true, but at the same time, the owner of this site may have not liked what you said either, and that could be why LoA has been spared / pardoned.

I am probably wrong.

But you gotta remember, in times of crisis...LoA felt it was his duty as an American citizen to stand up for what he felt was right.

In England, isn't it a high offense to speak against the Queen?
It used to be death, wasn't it?

------------------

Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 11:15 PM   #18
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

I hope this thread does not attract more ill feelings toward one another.
It seems that it's intent is to exaxt revenge.
The very thing most people here are hoping that the U.S. does not do in retaliation to all Islams, and the other nationalities involved.
Decisions made in anger are dangerous.

I agree with LoA that your comment was one that made me feel uncomfortable.
I did not have anything worth saying against it though, as I try to stay out of battles of words.
It doesn't get me anywhere, and I am not god at them anyway.

LoA was more easily provoked into expressing his emotions than anyone else on here. To think that the Moderators are basically cheering him on is not true, but at the same time, the owner of this site may have not liked what you said,either, and that could be why LoA has been spared/pardoned.

I may be wrong.
But you gotta remember, in times of crisis...LoA felt it was his duty as an American citizen to stand up for what he felt was right.
In England, isn't it a high offense to speak against the Queen?
It used to be death, wasn't it?

I never said that any moderators were cheering LoA on nor did I say he should not have been pardoned or punished.

I won't apoliogize for having a backbone and not being afraid to use it in defense of myself for attacks like I was subjected to yesterday for nothing more than my opinion. I had already agreed...no promised to keep my negative opinions to myself out of respect for others here...that does not mean that I have to stand here and take verbal beatings from anyone else for having them!

Standing up for what you feel is right in America does not include being so blatently rude to anyone for their opinion when they agreed hours before to stifle it even when they had permission not to does it?

Excuse me but if you really wanted to say anything at all about this you should have done it yesterday.
What's your point in bringing this up from back pages Larry?
This was resolved last night and what you are posting here has no purpose than to accuse me of things I did not say and to defend LoA, who btw later admitted he was wrong and made a public apology which I responded in a positive manner to.

This isn't England.

I DON'T have to respect the fact that Dubya is president! I merely have to accept it. There is a big difference.

I was more than willing to accept that and respect other members here when all this went down yesterday.

Can any of you here have enough respect in return to get off my case for defending my rights as an American to have my own opinion?!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 11:22 PM   #19
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I agree. I can't believe this came up again. I had hoped that it had died. Sorry, folks. It's getting closed now.

------------------