Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 12:31 PM   #11
Blade
Emerald Dragon

I turned on the radio planes crashed into the world trade center building and another one crashed into penagon. All three were pasenger planes. I feel like i'm going to be sick.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:46 PM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Its so hard to believe that something so prominent could just suddenly be removed and wiped away issint it? The history, the people, everything about the building, totally gone! People JUMPING out from windows? Can you believe being DRIVEN to LEAP off a 110 storey building? Its heartbreaking!!
A part of the city is gone now, possibly hundreds dead, and life will never be the same for the people who witnessed the events and live in the city..
I dont even live in NY and I feel so distraught and upset for the people that do.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-12-2001, 05:55 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well, it is better to plummet off a building rather than to see your own skin flayed due to blades and such or shards of glass... humor

On a more serious note, I didn't see the first building fall... all I saw was the second, and my jaw dropped. I mean, this is live tv! This ain't no Lethal Weapon! It is the WTC! Even though I really do not know much about it! They even say that the Petronas tower in Malaysia received bomb threats and have evacuated the building...

What a tragedy. INSANE. and for the Pentagon to be hit...US had its guard down you can really say...

------------------

Hey, I've gotta crush on you Melissan... please be my gurl!
Old 09-12-2001, 06:29 AM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
When I saw that plane hit the tower and then the first tower FELL, I lost it... Oh my god. This will change everyones life in this country.

Dan

Ziroc,
I had just finished watching a tape of Evil Dead II. I turned off the VCR and CBS news was on showing one tower on fire. They (and I) were trying to puzzle out if the first hit was an accident when before our, and the camera's eye
the 2nd plane hit the second tower. At the same time we all thought or said "It's terrorism!". I will not forget that visual for the rest of my life. I cried like a child, I don't know why, I don't know anyone in New York, but still I cried. I hate to say it, but I did a lot of that yesterday!

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 06:33 AM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

Ziroc,
I had just finished watching a tape of Evil Dead II. I turned off the VCR and CBS news was on showing one tower on fire. They (and I) were trying to puzzle out if the first hit was an accident when before our, and the camera's eye
the 2nd plane hit the second tower. At the same time we all thought or said "It's terrorism!". I will not forget that visual for the rest of my life. I cried like a child, I don't know why, I don't know anyone in New York, but still I cried. I hate to say it, but I did a lot of that yesterday!

Mark
**offers some comfort to Skywalker**

here is your beer

man, I understand you totally!

I heard:
"When you look into those devastated buildings, you don't feel the chill on your spine because you might be in the building, but you feel it because when you go home, someone you know might not be there."

I just cannot bear to think about that happen to anyone I knw of

that is why I say

we WILL catch the little punks!

Old 09-12-2001, 06:35 AM   #16
Vampire

I hate the fact that people were trapped in buildings completely helpless.
I'll always bring a chute when ever I go that high. I suggest you all do.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 06:43 AM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

I know this may sound bad, but.....

I heard on the news about people in wheelchairs being trapped when the buildings fell. Now I believe the disabled should have the same opportunities we all have, but what is the sense in having wheelchair bound people in a building, where the only way down is elevators.
Think about it, the first think to shut down in a fire is......the elevators! How do you move a wheelchair from upper floors via stairs? As I said the disabled have a right to work there, do they need to be working in a death trap?
Someone was quoted as saying he passed many of these people to save his life...moments later the building he was in fell.

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 06:52 AM   #18
skywalker
Banned User

250!

Beer!?! AT 6:47 AM?!?

Through all this hell, you coaxed a smile out of met, you nut!

Thanx!

Mark
Old 09-12-2001, 06:57 AM   #19
Lioness
Jack Burton

I am stil in so much shock, I feel like it is just a movie or something, but then I have to face the realization that all those poor, innocent people died! Oh, God, I just can't believe it. I cried myself to sleep last night, and it's just overwhelming.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-12-2001, 06:58 AM   #20
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I am stil in so much shock, I feel like it is just a movie or something, but then I have to face the realization that all those poor, innocent people died! Oh, God, I just can't believe it. I cried myself to sleep last night, and it's just overwhelming.

A lot people will be parentless after this. I feel terrible.