Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2001, 05:42 AM   #91
Donut (Son of Donut)

As Yorick said we met on Saturday night. He is a fellow of infinite jest . We didn't really have a lot to talk about. Just Sydney, the Harbour, why King's Cross is a rough area in Sydney & London, Cider, the foundation of London by the Romans, the development of London as a port and it's demise since the advent of container freight going to Rotterdam, Cider, the industrial revolution and it's importance in the development of British Imperialism, the migration of the people from the country to the cities, accents, dialects and language, the French and Dutch language, speaking dutch (een beetje) and polish, hegemony of the english language, London pub life, how you can drive across England in one day, low cost european airlines, Dublin, Edinburgh, where in the hell is Salisbury?, Cider, his music, music in general, football, cricket & whether England can give Australia a decent game this summer, the Olympics, patriotism in Australia, Britain and the US, Cider, national stereotypes and how the BG2 board transcends them, the board including memnoch and moraine, usernames, flaming, trolling and self patrolling, 'off-topic' (yes or no?) poor taste jokes (which can't be aired here), the weather (of course), world travel and wether I'm too old for it!, antipodean wanderlust, the parentage of Nasser Hussain, Mark Waugh, my job, women, he met 'outback Al', and of course I picked his brain about BG2. There were many other things which I can't remember!

He knows the game inside out & I think he must have written the manual. I now know that I've only just sampled BG2 so far. Yorick, I've worked out why I can't summon a familiar with my mage. She is a diviner and is in opposition to conjuration. He explained how I've managed to cock up getting the equalizer, crom faeyr and my 'limited wish' quest.

Yorick - thanks for a stimulating evening, I hope you got a taste of what a real London 'local' should be like. Drink more cider man!!

Old 02-13-2001, 06:19 AM   #92
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is quite exciting! Beats Clive James' Postcards any day. I'll start up a new thread so that we don't lose the info on this old one, it's at 90+ posts. Nobody post here anymore OK?

Here's the link to the Second Chapter of Yorick's Sojourner Journal!