Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 04:54 PM   #1
One ANGRY lil' man

(Harpers)
(Druids)
(True Neutrals)

What a weak belief structure a real neutral character would NEVER take any sides they would let events play out. The balance UGH the balance that's what ruins it all I mean what BS look if there is some harmonious balance of all existing forces why do we need those fools who are always clouded by their better judgment to maintain it. And another thing true neutral characters leave when your 1 rep but stay if your 20 but whine now lets review they leave evil parties! What biased morons. Gulvak dwarven harper slayer! That's what I'll be. And druids? DRUIDS! look most hate civilization but they believe in balance so does that not include the balance of nature and cities? I'll kill them all! And I'll start by leaving that Jaheria in her cage! Where do I get any weapon that hurts harpers or true neutrals bad real bad!

Old 01-01-2001, 05:26 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

One Angry Man
You have made some points which I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH!!
One you say True Neutral would just sit. No They help whichever side is losing or what ever side pays them more! If you want to fight a druid email me so we could have a duel with my druid and your character

Old 01-01-2001, 05:57 PM   #3
One ANGRY lil' man

(This is about their stupid belief structure not if druids are a bad class. So I won't accept the multiplayer match Jonny Boy.)
Well, look if you believed that no good or evil existed then why moderation of forces surely the balance of all things is a BALANCE and doesn't have to be maintained. Look there are many different forces in the world striving for different goals so how can a harper decide what will help the balance well unwittingly to him (Or her for you PC freaks) he shoots the whole 'balance' off key. What I'm saying is yes evil and good a relative facts but to believe there is a balance between the to forces is to believe they are even for that is what balance is so why would a balance need to be maintained? And another thing the harpers are worried if your evil correct? well, wouldn't such a strong evil force help the balance? And druids hate it when you hunt wild life right? Well, shouldn't there be a balance between hunters and druids? Look I'm saying most true neutral characters don't understand the balance at all. By "maintaining" the balance they throw it off.

Old 01-01-2001, 06:22 PM   #4
Armisael

Who gives a shit about their 'beliefs'? You might think catholicism makes no sense, but that doesn't necessarily mean that every catholic is an idiot. Druids have useful spells. If you're not a druid yourself, that's as far as it needs to be taken, no? Take your bloody foot out of your mouth before you choke on it.

Old 01-01-2001, 06:29 PM   #5
One ANGRY lil' man

You used the wrong idiom! You should of told me to get off my soap box but not take my foot out of my mouth. And secondly I'm just stating its a silly belief structure. Not saying all druids are idoits. And its more harpers than anything they are just really nosey.

Old 01-01-2001, 06:54 PM   #6
Gnome Pimp

I think his point is that it does not make any sense in the game. It is impossible to balance good and evil. In order to balance it you must let some evil things happen which would make you evil. Being nuetral means staying out of the conflict. When you play an active part you are not nuetral anymore. The people act nuetral but they really are not. I think that was his point from a RP side.

Now to lay some gnomish pimp slaps on some biotchs...

"They help whichever side is losing or what ever side pays them more!"
Do I even need to point out this one?

"Who gives a shit about their 'beliefs'?"
That was the point of the post. Get your foot out of your mouth.

Old 01-01-2001, 07:06 PM   #7
One ANGRY lil' man

Thanks gnomish pimp. I will find a way to get Jan Jansen's colors in BG2 so we can all be pimps!

Old 01-01-2001, 08:42 PM   #8
Armisael

The point of this post was that nobody cares about their beliefs? Bullshit, mate. Why is it here in the first place, then? He's stating, for no real reason, that the druids' belief system is stupid. Some people will agree, some will disagree. I've never given a second thought to how druids think. Why bother pointing it out in the first place?

Old 01-02-2001, 12:23 AM   #9
One ANGRY lil' man

Boredom? Yup thats what I say it was boredom.

Old 01-02-2001, 12:42 AM   #10
G.W.

Before you insult the druids, remember the Jedi are also keepers of the balance. The "balance" is what Qui Gonn was talking about in Star Wars Episode 1 when he recognized Anakin to be the "chosen one" to restore balance to the universe. Does make much sense admittedly. I guess good does not exist without evil.