Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-26-2000, 09:30 AM   #1
eclipse

possible spoiler@@@@@@@@@@@@@

when i leave the underdark i talk with the elves and they give me the holy wather and stakes and tell me to go kill for goodness....ok...but some harpers come up and start bitchin about my group killing the dudes in the harpers hold...and all the elves side with them...this results in some dude poping in and killing my group in one of those...you cant finish the game if you do this hints....what do i do...am i screwed...help help help....oh yea i do have the bitching druid with me .....

Old 10-26-2000, 10:08 AM   #2
Arrack

Sounds bad, I'll be sure not to mess with the Harpers...even if I am evil this time around.

Old 01-06-2001, 07:56 AM   #3
Narwhal

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS.......

I have had a very similar experience to 'eclipse' and want to know whether I have to go back and practically restart the game: I do NOT want to have to do this.

My party is all Good (except Neutral Jaheira) and the killing of the Harpers in their Hold seemed the correct thing to do or lose main character to imprisonment; Galvarey was obviously up to no good.

The arrival of the Harpers after the Underdark (led by Reviane) is immediately after (successfully) talking to the lead elf.

Conversation is held and there seems no way to avoid a fight even though everybody 'regrets' having to do it. Harpers turn red shortly followed by 'n' elves.

The only way I have found to progress is to run to the edge of the board and leave the elf area where I immediately get one of those 'You have been waylaid' events and meet Drizzt (who is friendly) then immediately afterwards I meet Dermin Courtierdale who has been sent to kill Jaheira.

This fight is avoided at the cost of Jaheira leaving the Harpers.

OK, so I'm out and alive BUT do I continue only to finish many more quests then return to a very upset group of Harpers/Elves and get killed by the tough elf who kills you in one blow?

This would leave me even more upset.

Any guidance here would be much appreciated.