Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

I don't understand somethings going on in the game. At this early hour of the morning I can't find my manual to read it through.
My Pally had great sword 2 as one of his feats Yet when I bought a masterworks great sword the weapon box is outlined in red. Why can't he use it?

My Bard has 2/2 slots available and some spells show in the spell book as known. Why can't he memorize these spells?
I made it though the prologue so far without reloading. But now that I upgraded some weapons this seems to be giving me the problems.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Maybe he has a shield equipped?
bards don't memorize spells, they cast what they know, like sorcerers.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Nope the Pally has no shield equipped.
Well that clears it up about the Bard then.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:52 AM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
I hate it that we can't edit our posts. He can carry the sword but the box is ooutlined in red. As soon as I give him a bow that box turns green but the sword box still remains red.

I tried to give the Bard a Xbow that I found. That box stays red and his Axe box remains green.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Actually, we can edit our own posts. See the post header, the thing that says "posted 01-03-2005..." and click the Edit/Delete button. I just remembered why things would be colored differently. There are 4 weapon combinations with 2 slots each. Two onehanded weapons, a two-handed weapon, or a one handed weapon and a shield/special can fit in a weapon combination set. Bows and greatswords are two-handed weapons, among others, and they need the both slots to use. The other slot being red means it is iccupied by the weapon. Next ot the slots are the little buttons that glow yellow when you have that weapon equipped. Look at the paper doll, and see if he actually has a bow/greatsword equipped.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
Actually, we can edit our own posts. See the post header, the thing that says "posted 01-03-2005..." and click the Edit/Delete button. I just remembered why things would be colored differently. There are 4 weapon combinations with 2 slots each. Two onehanded weapons, a two-handed weapon, or a one handed weapon and a shield/special can fit in a weapon combination set. Bows and greatswords are two-handed weapons, among others, and they need the both slots to use. The other slot being red means it is iccupied by the weapon. Next ot the slots are the little buttons that glow yellow when you have that weapon equipped. Look at the paper doll, and see if he actually has a bow/greatsword equipped.
Right after I made my post and had some morning coffee I began to read that part of the manual. I found out about the right clicking of the icon to change weapons. Boy that makes it so much easier.

One thing that surprised me by a long shot is the teleportation the party has now. I accidently hit "T" and saw a location list I could transport my party to. What a lot of walking this saves.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You using the EoU then, right?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
You using the EoU then, right?
EoU? You lost me at the Bakery.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:18 PM   #9
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

EoU= ease of use mod. I assume that you don't have it, since you don't know what it is. No worries, I don't have it, either.

A tip: you may want to give the paladin weapon focus in longsword later in the game.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:39 PM   #10
Calagari
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
EoU= ease of use mod. I assume that you don't have it, since you don't know what it is. No worries, I don't have it, either.

A tip: you may want to give the paladin weapon focus in longsword later in the game.
You mean instead of Great Sword or in addition to it? What you're implying is that further into the game there is a special sword for pallys like there was in IWD? What about these Svirfen_- something races? I keep reading these would be a better choice for a monk? But when I made my monk I couldn't find that race at all. Is this another special race mod?