Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
RaisedByApes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I played IWD and installed HOW but it won't begin. The new game requests Disk 2 of IWD, then I get a blank menu on top of original menu and error message "error 3039".

I have not installed Bonus disk

Can anyone here help me out?
RaisedByApes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moving your thread to the IWD forum where you might get some others who've seen the problem. [img]smile.gif[/img] Sorry, I can't help with the error msg but I would recommend you uninstall and reinstall the game if that keeps happening.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh and WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!! [img]graemlins/balloons.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

More details about your PC would be helpful....

Meanwhile I would also recommend getting the latest patch. (If you have a fast connection downloading TotLM would be the best idea).
Old 02-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I had some of the same difficulties with IWD, HOW and so on. Uninstall and reinstall with TOTLM and you should be all set.
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
RaisedByApes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What's TotLM?

I am running WinXP Pro and have lotsa space and memory. (610M & 2G on C:> respectively) and my system is built for gaming. My sound card is SB Live! Series (WDM). My video card is VisionTek XTASY 9600 (ATI RADEON 9600 Series SEC). There's no forced Hardware, according to my System Info.
I am the administrator of my machine. Is this what I need to let you know?

I have downloaded the patches, 105 and 106, and have done the fix for the bugs at the end of game before and after the big battle with Behlifet. The first bug appeared to have been a cache issue and the second bug didn't let the movie run upon defeating the Demon. I have not installed cheats, yet. My IWD games are a bundle purchase and include IWD, HOW, IWD2 and a couple bonus disks (sweet)

Now I also have a couple questions that have been plagueing me, so here goes:

Q1) My daughter can't wait for me to install IWD for her, will I be able to run HOW from the HOW disk, or will I need to run it from IWD disk 2?
Q2) Will I be replaying my end game scenario again or will I begin HOW in a new location?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to be interested in helping me find solutions to these problems. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Movie not appearing after killing Demon is a well known bug fixed by the TotLM patch...

1. AFAIK, either one of the HoW disk or IWD disk 2 should work.

2. The "normal" way: A new person will appear in Kuldahar and he will take you to the new HoW expansion areas (anytime you want) if your level is high enough. You can go back to original IWD areas thogh that won't be possible at all times.
But....
Another way: You can start a new game of "expansion only" in which you will only play the expansion areas.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #8
RaisedByApes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok Here's how I appear to have solved my delema:

Uninstalled IWD again, then, DEFRAGGED 2x

reinstalled w/o patches & selected start HOW and it seems to start OKAY. I guess it might be safe to add the TotL patch now

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone that has trouble dealing with the same issues that I did.

[ 02-22-2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: RaisedByApes ]
Old 02-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Serak Moonblade
Manshoon

i think HoW needs IWD to already be installed but to play it you need the HoW disc in the drive.

and HoW, if you play the expansion alone option, you can't go to the IWD areas. I'd advise you to play the game in its sequential order i.e. IWD and then HoW since 1. it helps the staory line and 2. you would be better equipped to deal with the things in HoW.

This makes me wonder...if we start a HoW game (i.e. Expansion only) can we play TotLM too??

I've completed IWD and HoW but not TotLM.
Either learn or leave
Serak Moonblade is offline   Reply With Quote