Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
Narwhal

I have posted a reply to a previous similar message I found from 'eclipse' but it doesn't seem to have been placed in the 'NEW' pile so people will see it so I am putting it in as a new posting (Afraid I am new to this forum)

Here is the original mesage from 'eclipse':

' when i leave the underdark i talk with the elves and they give me the holy wather and stakes and tell me to go kill for goodness....ok...but some
harpers come up and start bitchin about my group killing the dudes in the harpers hold...and all the elves side with them...this results in some
dude poping in and killing my group in one of those...you cant finish the game if you do this hints....what do i do...am i screwed...help help
help....oh yea i do have the bitching druid with me .....'

Here was my reply:

'THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS.......

I have had a very similar experience to 'eclipse' and want to know whether I have to go back and practically restart the game: I do NOT want to
have to do this.

My party is all Good (except Neutral Jaheira) and the killing of the Harpers in their Hold seemed the correct thing to do or lose main character to
imprisonment; Galvarey was obviously up to no good.

The arrival of the Harpers after the Underdark (led by Reviane) is immediately after (successfully) talking to the lead elf.

Conversation is held and there seems no way to avoid a fight even though everybody 'regrets' having to do it. Harpers turn red shortly followed
by 'n' elves.

The only way I have found to progress is to run to the edge of the board and leave the elf area where I immediately get one of those 'You have
been waylaid' events and meet Drizzt (who is friendly) then immediately afterwards I meet Dermin Courtierdale who has been sent to kill Jaheira.

This fight is avoided at the cost of Jaheira leaving the Harpers.

OK, so I'm out and alive BUT do I continue only to finish many more quests then return to a very upset group of Harpers/Elves and get killed by
the tough elf who kills you in one blow?

This would leave me even more upset.

Any guidance here would be much appreciated.'

I am still stuck!

Old 01-06-2001, 10:36 AM   #2
marc1ace

For some reason I didn't have this problem. I was playing a paladin with a charisma of 18 and a reputation of 20 (maybe that did the difference). Anyway when that harper came to talk, I assumed a neutral stance and let Jaheira do the talking (always telling the truth though). She told them that those harpers were up to no good trying to gain power and attacked us first. The harpers believed me and that was the last I saw of them. No fight!!

This brings me to ask the following question (keep in mind that I'm fairly new to role playing games and this might sound stupid to all the pros out there),But does your charisma or reputation really affect character interaction? So far it seems that this is not the first time that I managed to talk my way out of things (I was able to talk out of having to sleep with Phaere in the the drow city, while others were not able to).

I'd like to hear what others have to say.