Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-24-2003, 09:47 AM   #1
Stratos
Vampire

I have this small question:

Whenever I try to login this happens; when I click on the small bar where you enter the username and enter the first letter, the entire username pops up in a small window. If I then click on it it adds it to the username bar, and on top of that enters the password for me as well. 'Convenient', you might say ,but the problem is that I'm using a public computer at work and I really don't want anyone 'un-authorized' to login on my account.

Is this some kind of setting in IE, and if so how do I turn it off? I haven't manage to find it on the toolbar.

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

it is an auto fill [rogram on either IE or windows, I some how disabled mine, not sure how, and now can not get it to come back up, lol, it remembers what you entered, and also can remember your password, but like I said, do not remember how I disabled it, or how to get it back
Old 11-24-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

In IE click on the Tools menu, and select "Internet Options". From there go to "Content" tab. On that window, you'll see a button that says "Auto Complete"
Click on that and uncheck all the information in that screen. Also click the buttons for "Clear Forms" and "Clear Passwords" which will get rid of anything already stored in the computer.

This will remove all that's already stored in the computer and stop it from storing them anymore.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:13 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Thanks! I'll disable it at work tomorrow.