Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 08:50 AM   #1
Deathbringer

ok well, I don't know whether I should be telling you all this but, I had to talk to someone about it.
I just found out that my girlfriend has been cheating on me. She went to a party and ended up with another guy. She never told me.
Her 'New' boyfriend told me! he said he didn't know about me. My girlfriend has gone off with him and she still hasn't told me. I'm still in shock and about to break-down.

I'll delete this thread in a while.

Old 07-04-2002, 08:53 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... you can count your blessings. Consider her not worth getting upset over, and pray for the soul of her new 'boyfriend' if she is so fickle.

As the saying goes, there are plenty of fish in the ocean.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:56 AM   #3
Deathbringer

we had been together for nearly 2 years. What did I do to make her want to do this.

Old 07-04-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Dundee is probably right in the long run, she isn't worth it, but I can imagine that doesn't comfort you much right now. I'm really sorry you have to go through this, Deathbringer... Keep your head up!
Old 07-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Sorry to hear this Deathbringer..

No words will comfort you now I guess, but keep the strength, probably it was not about you, but about her... :S

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 07-04-2002, 09:26 AM   #6
Deathbringer

geez I'm suprised you people even care, thanks for being so kind.

Old 07-04-2002, 09:37 AM   #7
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Mate, you didnt do anything to "deserve" this. The fact of the matter is she didnt CARE enough about the relationship she was already in.

When the cats away the mice will play.

So dont let the door hit her in the ass on the way out. Kick her to the curb.

If shes changes her mind and tries to get back with you dont play the fool and let her come back. If shes done it to you once she WILL do it again. It would only be a matter of time before she,once again, left you for another guy.

Dont play the broken-hearted fool. Dont let this get to you. Feel better that it happened now instead of after a wedding. THAT would truly suck. Be glad it happened before you blew anymore money on her. Expensive jewelery or other gifts cant buy love. They just get someone to hang around for a while.

On an ironic note: you can rest assured that she will do the same thing to the new guy. Not that its a relief, but in a way I suppose it could be.

If you should see her, be nice, be polite, and be on the lookout for someone you CAN trust. Dont let her see you get upset or shes going to have a psycological victory. Show her youre made of steel and that she hasnt hurt you in any way (even if she really has) and that youre glad shes gone so now you know what you ARENT looking for.

Chalk this one up as an experience. By the time you go through a few more things like this youll have a much better idea of what you really DO want in life.

She AIN'T in the list
Old 07-04-2002, 09:57 AM   #8
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

I know how you feel. Right now, you feel like nothing will heal your pain, and that you will never get over this. But you will. It will take a while, but soon you will have put this behind you and you will have grown stronger from this unfortunate experience.

Be strong.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #9
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Excellent Post, Earthdog!!!

I agree completely. My first "major" relationship didn't occur until college. I dated the same girl for 4 years.

I also got "cheated on". She was jealous about the time I liked to spend with my buddies, so she got with another guy one weekend when a friend of mine came over for a visit.

I forgave her at the time and we stayed together. WHAT A FREAKIN' MISTAKE!!!

Instead of making a clean break, I hung on and "tried to work it out". She ended up playing me like a dog and basically made me misereable for the next 2 years. That's when I finally said ENOUGH, and ended it for good.

I went for 3 years without dating anybody else. Then I met the woman that is now my wife. Nine years and 3 kids later, we are still deeply in love with each other.

Deathbringer, I feel your pain, brother. I've been through it and I know how devestating it can be. And sometimes, the road to recovery is veeeeeery long. But it will get better, and you are MUCH better off without this girl.

Like Earthdog said, if she did it once, she WILL do it again. It won't be long before you and her "new" boyfriend will have something else in common concerning her.

BTW, everybody at IronWorks cares about everybody else. There will be no need to delete this thread, because the consoling posts and "unsolicited advice" has just begun.

Welcome to the family!
Old 07-04-2002, 10:12 AM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I know man Ironworks is a great place, kind of like olive garden (but better), "When you're here, you're family!"

and as for that girl, SHE doesn't deserve YOU it's not the other way around. Though i've met alot of guys in a similar predicament and they all blame themselves. Well don't let the actions of another human being ever alter your emotional status, that's what i've learned. if you can do that, you're set...

^_^; and happy hunting (in advance when you go on the rebound)...