Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-28-2001, 05:04 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I actually PMed you about this, of course I want to continue chatting with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

This thread was inspired by the ongoing conversation Davros and I have been having in another thread which is now closed (we chatted too much ). We discuss sport and other stuff. It was primarily just us chatting, but if anyone else wants to talk sport with us, feel free [img]smile.gif[/img] Davros wanted to chat here instead of email or PM because he, as most will know, is extremely old, and doesn't want to look like a dirty old man [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] j/k

Now what was your last post...

quote:
Posted by Davros:
Sun!!!! - that's onething we can gaurantee - nothing but blue skies and water restrictions over here. Only allowed to use water sprinklers on your alloted 2 days per week - garden is browning off nicely. The only trouble is that Perth test matches never last 3 days, let alone time for the pitch to wear. Typically they are decided by "He who wins the toss on day one, wins quickly". They are a bit more of a lottery than they should be - this may give the NZEDers more hope than they deserve.
Sigh, Iran and Uruguay - I made it through a days' work yesterday, but it was rough. The benefits of playing 20 lead up games as opposed to 3 were there for all to see - FIA needs to do something - bring another country or two into Oceania, and have an automatic qualifying place.

Good news - QLD are back in their rightful place atop the Shield standings (have problems calling it the MILK CUP ). How's the holiday going babe - not getting up to too much mischief I hope [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] .

Well hopefully if Flemming wins the toss he makes another poor decision like the last two Poor old NZ - can't even get the toss right Hopefully another batting spree from the Bat, and maybe Tugger can get among the runs too.

I know, the current system really isn't fair - why would they have a grouping system where one group doesn't have even one automatic qualification? But South America gets four and a chance at another! I think Knopp will have to do some serious lobbying in the next couple of years.

Mischief? Me? I don't think so [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've decided to get Wizardry 8 [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] Now just have to wait until it comes out *taps foot impatiently*
Old 11-28-2001, 09:26 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Gee - how to cripple a man - kick him hard in his "middle ages" - OUCH!!!!! Great to see that I am not the only one waiting patiently for Wizardry 8. The good news is that it will be out on Dec 14, giving you enough time to get a real job and to earn enough money to buy it . OK, enough fun - the really good thing is that I will have someone to talk to and compare progress with - all my American friends like Moni and Saz and Wyv will be almost finished by the time we get it. I am trying to stay away from the Wiz 8 spoilers, and prefer to have a friend tracking through with me at much the same rate of progress - might be a good idea to go to private Email for game discussions when it arrives.

Um, sorry for the "Off Topic" - back to sport. The test and the Davis Cup will be underway soon. Yes, the World Cup qualifying is decidedly unfair. We should have a group that has some form of round robin matches towards a garaunteed qualifying spot. This - "perform once or your out" rubbish is not on. No-one else gets treated as bad as Oceania . Oh, the golf form is still fantastic - a win in the department golf day on Sunday [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 10:05 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
"Off topic"? There is no off topic - you'll notice I defined our conversations as being about "sport and other stuff" , nice and specific Good to see everyone received the subliminal messages I included and didn't join in our chat

Earn enough money... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] oh dear, almost cracked a rib on that one As if I'm buying it; it's a Christmas present from my brother! I have no money, and that's not looking like changing for a while. I think I'm going to need a lot of help with it - all you veterans better be patient with the poor dumb little Wizardry newbie [img]graemlins/bigeyesad.gif[/img]

Davis cup tomorrow - woohoo!! Hope Pat's arm holds up. Cool, a golf win, congrats [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] What's your handicap? Well this whole India test match/suspended players fiasco just gets more farcical every day. I mean, really, racism? I hope England do go home, and not bow to the pressure like South Africa did.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:30 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well your not on your own as a Wizardry newbie - the only Wizardry I have played is the Demo (and that rocked). Have you played it yet, or have you checked that your "puter" has the minimum specs - it is the first game I will have bought that demands a 3D graphics card - LOL, went out and bought one back in April just for this game (how's that for anticipation ) - ahh, isn't it great to have disposable income [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .

Another Christmas present - how many times per year do you celebrate it, or do you have lots of relatives - yo have a pretty understanding brother by the sounds of it!!!

You never did tell me if you were going to accompany me to the Lions game next year - better dig out those dates and make some plane and footie bookings soon.

Handicap is 14 golf clubs - really is 12 at the moment - made it down to single figures way back in 1988 (the year before starting the Chem Eng degree) - it varies in the 10/1/12 bracket. Best score when in Scotland in August was 70 on a par 69 course (damn, I missed that small 4 footer for a par on the last).

Davis cup - WOOHOO - Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 04:16 PM   #5
Vampire

Ummmmm why do the Australians wear ALL BLACK in rugby???
Old 11-29-2001, 04:20 PM   #6
Campino

If i'm not mistaken,the all-blacks are from New Zealand.Correct me if i'm wrong. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 04:22 PM   #7
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Ummmmm why do the Australians wear ALL BLACK in rugby???

They dont, thats New Zealand. Australia wear yellow and green.

Trust the Auzzies to start talking about sport.LOL [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Just cause your better at it than anyone else.! [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Did anyone see Barbarians Vs. Australia last night? it was a great match. I love rugby. I play prop for my school team.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:03 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Well your not on your own as a Wizardry newbie - the only Wizardry I have played is the Demo (and that rocked). Have you played it yet, or have you checked that your "puter" has the minimum specs - it is the first game I will have bought that demands a 3D graphics card - LOL, went out and bought one back in April just for this game (how's that for anticipation ) - ahh, isn't it great to have disposable income [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .

Another Christmas present - how many times per year do you celebrate it, or do you have lots of relatives - yo have a pretty understanding brother by the sounds of it!!!

You never did tell me if you were going to accompany me to the Lions game next year - better dig out those dates and make some plane and footie bookings soon.

Handicap is 14 golf clubs - really is 12 at the moment - made it down to single figures way back in 1988 (the year before starting the Chem Eng degree) - it varies in the 10/1/12 bracket. Best score when in Scotland in August was 70 on a par 69 course (damn, I missed that small 4 footer for a par on the last).

Davis cup - WOOHOO - Aussie Aussie Aussie - Oi Oi Oi [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img]

Eek! Our chat's been spotted! And they've mistaken us for New Zealanders, no less [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] *shudder* [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Hope your rule of he who wins the WACA toss wins quickly isn't always true - Fleming won again. But a couple of wickets so far for the Aussies.

Bloody Lleyton, so typical So many chances to break in the fifth set, but he couldn't Pat better win, I don't want to have to rely on Wayne

Minimum specs... hmm, don't know. I'm sure they're fine but, our computer's pretty up to date, we upgraded a few months ago. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Nah, just a rich brother These PhDs are quite lucrative when you live at home and don't pay any board. So he buys me a game for birthdays and Christmas. And he plays them too.

Oh yeah, the Lions game... probably [img]smile.gif[/img] Yes. Gee, how decisive was that ? Oh, of course, all that engineering studying bound to mess up your golf game I wouldn't know about that, I suppose [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: Yay! Pat won! One rubber all [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2001, 02:42 AM   #9
Pangur Ban

EEK !!

Pangur wanders into a sports thread by mistake.

Not all Aussies are sports mad.
Davros, I'm sure you'll appreciate the irony in this little tale ...

Several years ago, on AFL Grand Final Day, my wife and I were waiting outside an ice skating venue in a central Melbourne park, wearing skating clothes, with skates slung over shoulder. Opening time was still 10 minutes away - we had arrived early.

A group of 12 persons fully decked out in footy regalia came up to us and said "Excuse me, can you tell us where to go for the Grand Final Breakfast?" I replied "Sorry, I don't know" The response? "Oh, you mustn't be from Melbourne then ... !!"

Sport is over-rated, over-hyped, and over-done. BAH, HUMBUG !!

*Pangur flees before sports mad (operative word = mad) persons start singing club theme songs or waving large foam rubber hands* [img]graemlins/nicekitty.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2001, 04:19 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi again :

Gee Pangur - that was a long post for an "Off Topic" thread . Not all Aussies are sports mad, but the one's on this thread are - damn, know where did I hide that foam finger and the face paint .

Hi Aelia - I see we managed to attract a few visitors in the last 24 hours. Good ole Pat came through when he was needed, but what hapened to Leyton. I was surprised there was any play in the test match - I live 45 minutes south of Perth, and we had a very wild thunderstorm at midday. I was thinking, trust the NZ cricketers to break the drought. Oh well. my garden won't need watering this afternoon.

Hmm, only 3 wickets down - and that one of Shane's looks to be mega dodgy (ie he didn't hit it). How many times is Fleming going to "nearly get out" - least amount of confidence I have ever seen from a century maker. Let's hope for better luck in the cricket and tennis tomorrow.

PS - ask your brother if he has a 3D graphics card before you get him to buy Wiz 8 - or downlaod the demo to check if it runs. Hmm, that is the 3rd time by my count that you have displayed indecision - what could be causing that .