Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Vassago
Manshoon

Ok, so about a week ago I started a new game (as always). This party is mage heavy w/ one of my characters being a Necormancer. I'm just about to enter the Horde Fortress from the cave and I have yet to find any 2nd level Wizard spells for him to memorize. I've got about 8 3rd level spells, but he's not able to learn them yet (his multied into Rogue 2/Ranger 1/Barbarian 1/Necormancer 3). I've taken Wizards before but don't remember not ever finding 2nd level spells. I guess with the random drops it could happen, but it just seems really odd to me. Luckily my level 7 DG Sorceror has plenty of spell power to dish out and my Necormancer will be able to lay down some firepower when he's able to learn 3rd level spells, it just seems really odd not to find any 2nd level Wizard spells. FYI, to round out my party I have also have a Female Drow Cleric 5/Monk 1/Paladin 1. It's been a fun adventure so far and I'm getting used to relying on my characters spells, although the only one that is really doing any casting is the Sorceror.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Try looking in stores. Some people sell spells.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
Raffin
Dungeon Master

MINOR SPOILER WARNING!!!

Go to either: Targos (Town) and buy from Ulbrec's wife (enchantress)
or
Shaengarne Bridge (first section) the Druid's wife/S.O.

The later, of course, assumes you haven't killed them for xp...like I do most games

Hope that helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
-Raffin
Raffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
Vassago
Manshoon

Well, I know you can buy 2nd level spells, but I would have thought that I would have found some along the way. I've found about 6 or 7 1st level Wizard spells and about 8th 3rd level spells, but no 2nd level spells. I guess I will have to do some shopping after the Horde Fortress is cleared.