Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Law
Dungeon Master

I have been a reader of this forum for at least a year, but have not needed to post a question.
You have helped me though all the problems that I had with Wizards and Warriors.
The Tech Tips and the BEST TIPS threads had everything that I needed.

I just wanted to finally post a message to say “THANK YOU VERY MUCH”.

I have also enjoyed reading Stackman’s and Missy Hissy's Adventures.

(More info for those that care)

I first came here looking for a solution to a problem I had with the town of Ishad N’ha. When I entered the town I could not leave. The solution to that was to download Virtualdub and use it on the townmsk files.

Later I was stuck in Anephas’s Shrine. It had never occurred to me to try and pick up the obelisks since the cursor did not change when I put it over them, even thought it did change over mushrooms and buckets (that I never have found a use for).

Those were the two biggest problems I had that I found the answer from this forum.

Some of my first group's story:

I had been only able to leave Valeia from the west gate. Because of this the first time that I left town I ran into the group of Gunny Trolls (with the two Troll Mangu) and while trying to retreat back to town, I took a wrong turn and ran into the Highland Rogues. After I finally made it back to town (with a few dead characters) I learned the lesson of "THEY WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!!". All the trolls and the rogues were waiting for me outside the town. It took me quite a while to finally kill all of them. Going thought more characters then I would like to admit, since I had falsely assumed the best characters to create to solve the problem were fighters. Level 1 fighter can't hit worth a darn. Six Wizards, each with burn and sock, would have solved the problem much faster.

Later, of course, I learned of the Reset Adventures button that would have also helped.

But I finally found the cemetery and even found the lever to enter the Crypt dungeon. The next trouble spot was the broken staircase. It took me forever to figure out how to get to the chamber above Flokis Ra's room. I also had not learned the game controls enough to jump back over the gap. So I would save before going down. I restored several times when I could not get back out, yes, that meant that I talked to Rethpian about the rats several times, sometimes given him Bilbump’s rat pie and sometimes not. My solution was to build a stack of chests and barrels in the hole and jump onto them and then back out (Stackman would have been proud).

I have since played through many times.

[ 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Law ]
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

No worries, it's what we're here for. Welcome to the forums btw.
Edit~ Woot, first post in this thread, and for me, this board!

[ 12-21-2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Law and Sir Degrader!!!

This board has been of so much help to so many, I can't even begin to count them and the credit goes to all those wonderful regulars (past and present) who so generously offered their help!!

Thanks for sharing some of your adventures, Law! I got a chuckle - Stackman would indeed be proud! lol!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Sir Degrader and Law [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

May you always be one step, one swing, and one spell ahead of your foes throughout the Gael Serran.

Glad you found the tech and best tips threads helpful, Law. We had a lot of fun putting them together. So many people have found this forum while trying to resolve issues like those...

So... I take it you've completed the game? Or are you just getting close? Do tell, and do keep us posted on what your next game is like. Just like potato chips... you can't eat just one

I'll speak for Stackman (until he shows up [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and congratulate you on recognizing the power of the holy stack... it brings all answers, for those who seek its true meaning...

Oh... and where are you at in Michigan? I'm on the west side, and Wyvern's on the east
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
Law
Dungeon Master

Yes Bungleau I have completed the game. I have since completed it many times with several different groups (and several solo). I have found many hidden locations because of comments from post. In fact while you all were talking about what the highest level character was, I created Maxine, who is now a 1001 level Zenmaster with over 7000 hp, and she still has 7 skills at 3.

I live near Lansing, so I am in the middle of Michigan.

My first group had one other problem solved by stacking. In the crypt (asylum level) there in a walkway running around the top of the area. I could see a chest setting up on the ledge and since there was so many crates sitting around I figured that it must be important so, after much trial and error I build a stack up to the ledge. I can't tell you how many times I knocked off the second layer of boxes trying to get more on top for the third layer. Once I got them all stacked, but by that time I had pushed the whole thing UNDER the walkway and therefor could not use it to jump up onto it.

I had found the button but I guess I either never left it clicked when I went up to the higher level to see the entrance, or I just missed it. Later I read about the secret door by Scabban’s lab and realized I had done it the very hard way, oh well.

I have done the game so many times that it is hard to keep all of them straight. Also I don’t feel I am that great of a story teller, so, if you want, I will try to tell you more of my adventures but they may not come out very organized.

[ 12-22-2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Law ]
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've stacked up to that crate in the crypt as well... and knocked over my stack more than once, too [img]smile.gif[/img]

Maxine sounds impressive... and I'm impressed that she still has skills to train up! I'm usually out of skills by the end of one game, let alone as many as you've put her through

Post your stories of your adventures. The Library could use some new additions... and Radek, if you're out there, the world is waiting for Tia's story as well...

I've also got several friends in Lansing, along with another IW member whose name escapes me at the moment. He's attending MSU, and moved up there in August from Texas... welcome to *real* winter!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Law [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] - and to you as well, Sir Degrader. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Yes, indeed Stackman would have been proud!