Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-17-2001, 09:08 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001902.html

the previous thread is here
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/002249.html

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

* this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reptuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 09:10 AM   #2
Waluin

I claim first reply rights!!!

*Sips cup of coffee,sits down at a table, and looks around the room for others to start meandering in*

Ahhh...good 'ol cloudy chat area

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 09:13 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

THIS WAS BAHAMUT'S POST (LAST ONE) ON THE PREVIOUS THREAD:

Quote:
just dropped by to say good evenin from here... or a good morn there in some areas of the us... im sick as hell (again) and i havent gone to school today,tomorrow i will force myself, whether i like it or not... it sux... but what can i do... i have to, and i want to, this fourth year will be a memorable one! see yah!
Oh, Bahamut! Please take good care of yourself and let us know when you get back to school! *Cloudy sends lots of get well wishes over the ether*

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 07-17-2001, 09:17 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
I claim first reply rights!!!

*Sips cup of coffee,sits down at a table, and looks around the room for others to start meandering in*

Ahhh...good 'ol cloudy chat area

Howdy Waluin! I'm taking a mini-break at the office. Got to go back to typing in course descriptions soon, but a cup of tea and a chat sound good!
How are you today? Any plans for the day? I'm playing IWD when I get home, assuming my eyes stay open! Tomorrow, if the rain goes away, I'll spend some time in my garden after work. My roses are all re-blooming and the lilies are incredible this year!

My cats conspired to get me out of bed this morning. Merlin curled up on me, being sure to press on my kidneys... OUCH! LOL And Inga did her plaintive little meows from my nightstand until I gave up and got up...lucky for me I did, it was a half hour later than I thought it was!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 07-17-2001, 09:25 AM   #5
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Howdy Waluin! I'm taking a mini-break at the office. Got to go back to typing in course descriptions soon, but a cup of tea and a chat sound good!
How are you today? Any plans for the day? I'm playing IWD when I get home, assuming my eyes stay open! Tomorrow, if the rain goes away, I'll spend some time in my garden after work. My roses are all re-blooming and the lilies are incredible this year!

My cats conspired to get me out of bed this morning. Merlin curled up on me, being sure to press on my kidneys... OUCH! LOL And Inga did her plaintive little meows from my nightstand until I gave up and got up...lucky for me I did, it was a half hour later than I thought it was!

CB
Some days at the office for me, as in where I am right now, can be fluxuations between a slew of mini-breaks and one hectic ball of work. Today is starting to look as though it will be uneventful, so I'm envisioning a rather extensive stay at Ironworks throughout the day.

No real plans for today, methinks. The work week is usually rather non-eventful for me, cept I may head out to the gaming shop after work to pick up some extra dice for the heck of it. I like to keep my old bag of dice fresh with new ones every so often even though I dont really play much RPG anymore. Oh, and my friend Jay stopped by last night and we watched a few episodes of the Anime Gasaraki on DVD and played Axis and Allies till around midnight.

Morrie pounced on me this morning and demanded to be scratched, so waking up wasn't an option for me. The alarm was going to go off soon (something I think the cats know and plan for so I can't go back to sleep) so I got up and brewed som coffee to watch the morning news before I headed to work.

So here I am

Old 07-17-2001, 09:30 AM   #6
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

kiwidoc blinks in mild disorientation and wanders on to the new thread with a magic Irish Whiskey Cheese Cake in one hand and a rope wrapped round a captive Vampire Lord in the other.

Hey - if you are gonna make an entrance ya gotta do it in style

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk

[This message has been edited by kiwidoc (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 09:44 AM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Good morning Cloudy, Waulin, Kiwidoc

Made it to tuesday, only four long days until the weekend again **sigh** this merger is starting to takes it's toll...a very strong cup of black coffee would be good right now.

I guess I am the lucky one here. My cats actually sleep in later than I do and get upset with me when I turn on the light in the bedroom to get dressed

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-17-2001, 09:47 AM   #8
Glycerine
Manshoon

Yes it is Tuesday isn't it? This day 5 of my 8 straight days of work. 3 more days and I finally get a day off...not sure if I'm gonna make it though.

Glycerine
Old 07-17-2001, 09:51 AM   #9
Waluin

Howdy Mori, Gly

Man, you're telling me Mori. I've survived monday, and now tuesday is rearing its ugly head. I'm still nursing a strong coffee myself, I just hope it keeps me going throughout the day ahead.

But like my old roommate's girlfriend believes, once tuesday is under the belt its just a hop, skip, and a jump to the weekend. Gotta keep the strength, man

We'll make it

Old 07-17-2001, 09:55 AM   #10
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

Yo Cloudy when you planning to answer my questions coz i am dying to know what your really like!!!

------------------