Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2001, 02:00 PM   #1
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Well, I've made through most of Skull Castle so I'm starting to get the hang of the game but I've learned so much in this forum that I'm determined to play again with some additional insights (like when to upgrade characters, and joining multiple guild for points etc) though I'm not willing to give up on my first try yet! However, I haven't yet figured out what the flags are for on the maps. I saw some mention of them in a post - what are they for and how do I use them?

Also, do I have to get both my level 7 Vine spells before upgrading my priest to a paladin (it's a reeealllly long way between levels at this point) in order to be able to use both of them, or do I just have to have level 7 Vinecraft and I can still choose the level 7 Vine spells as a paladin?

Thanks!

PS Anyone else suffer withdrawl when this forum is down???
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 02:12 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Flags are just to mark places on the map for easy reference. You can annotate them as well. Just click on the flag, then click on the map where you want to mark. If you click the flag again, I think, you can add a note. I've only used them once, and then only temporarily, so someone else is probably better suited to answer this than I.

Once you change to Paladin, you can only learn Vine spells at 1/2 your Vinecraft level, although you can continue to learn Spirit spells equal to your Spiritcraft level. IMO, unless you plan to use the spell "Blood Bath", Vine of Life isn't really necessary. Neither is Whirling Dervish, but it's a lot of fun to watch (one of the better special effects in the game). BUT! make sure you have "Breath of Air" before you leave Vine alone. It can really make a difference, especially in the Boogre Caves (running the gauntlet) and in Collasium.

As to withdrawal symptoms: I think all of us have!!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 02:48 PM   #3
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When you place the Flag(by clicking on it and placing it as Saz said) you can immediately type in a message for what the flag stands for(just recently picked this one up myself). I personally think it's a pretty cool addition in this game(I actually thought at one point I was heading to the Dragon Spire on the map when I was in fact headed to the Boogre Prison, but of course i'm a few bricks short of a wall too). Now I use them all the time, most recent example being that I marked where I left my boat when I went to An's Shrine(knowing me it'll prolly still take forever to find it). Oh yeah and on a side note, I don't even come here very often, but when it seems like I need the forum most, it's down, and I was suffering through withdrawal at that point =)
Good Luck!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 07:48 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The flags are especially useful in the stout mines or at least were for me since the auto map of that area is so awful! I would place flags with notes such as "continue north to switch". Saved me a lot of time!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 08:48 PM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Forum withdrawl - whats that????? (scratches head in self delusion ).
Davr
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 09:38 PM   #6
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Oh man, those little flags have saved me so much time so many times! I discovered them right away because Antara had this same advantage to mark territory and help remember where you've been or what was there.

"Withdrawl" = Lack of Forum Syndrom =

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote