Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
Jogie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Newbie in chapter 2. I have tried 5 times to get past the
5 slaver guards and cleric with no luck.

Anyone have any tips. The cleric is not a problem.
but the bow carry guards are cleaning my clock.

Jogie
Old 10-10-2003, 02:00 AM   #2
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forum. Just let us know your party makeup so we can give accurate advice. Otherwise I might be telling you to cast spells or use abilities you don't have. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 02:43 AM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

A mage with protection from normal missiles could quite happily absorb those arrows like a sponge, while your fighters pile onto one archer (and the cleric) at a time.
Old 10-10-2003, 04:50 AM   #4
Legos
The Magister

One thing i have found is that the BIG BOSS Slaver does annoyingly much damage with his throwing axes, AND his two handed sword.

If you have a full party, may i assume you also have a cleric included?
If yes, then get as many "Hold Person" spells as he can memorize without leaving out any other vital spells.
Then just gather the slavers around a tank character, cast hold a few times...
And there we have a bunch of living slaver statues, VERY easy to kill.

You can also try to use it on the slaver boss, Some "Captain" his name be, but he has apparently somewhat better saving throws than the average bulk slavers.

Also, SKELETONS are cool.
If you can get a majority of the bulk slavers on Hold then just summon a few skellies for the slaughter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

AND, in case you dont have a cleric, you can get one from the coppar coronet nearby, Anomen.
And if you have open slots in your party you can also get Korgan (If you dont have him yet) to take care of tanking, he is also in Cop-Cor.
THen you can dump him afterwards or do his quest and keep him.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, you ARE inside the slaver compund, yes? And not some completely different place?
Errmmhhh... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-10-2003, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Legos ]
Legos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:27 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

a relatively party-independent point for this fight is rather than concentrate on one opponent at a time (usually a good tactic), split your party one to each archer with melee weapons and close them down

it also depends what you mean by cheating - some people would argue that lots of pre-buffing spells before you charge upstairs is cheating - not me though
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:54 AM   #6
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Try a few horrors (in case you are evil, it is your special ability). Use the summons to distract the cleric, or kill him immideately. Then kill the frightened and circle running slavers.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:28 AM   #7
Mundus
Dungeon Master

This may be a stupid question, but the slaver compound is the boat in the slums district rite?
Old 10-10-2003, 06:41 AM   #8
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mundus:
This may be a stupid question, but the slaver compound is the boat in the slums district rite?
sounds right (5, bows, cleric . . . )
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 06:41 AM   #9
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Yep, it is the boat. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 09:09 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

I cannot give you that much information because I don't know which NPC's you have in your party. You need to be careful for the traps, as there are a few nasty ones there. Summon some critters to take care of the archers (or at least get the archers' attention away from you). Take care of the Cleric fast as he can cast some nasty spells. Other main problem is the gang leader who's a pretty hard hitter (or thrower actually).

BTW: You're from Taiwan? That's funny, because a couple of my friends went there a couple of weeks ago to participate in the I-Lan Invitational Regatta wherer all sorts of universities from all over the world (Cambrigde, Oxford, Harvard, Melbourne) row against each other. You know about it?
Link is offline   Reply With Quote