Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2002, 03:11 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Do you believe in aliens?I don't for sure.All things were created by God right?Why would he create aliens?They try to kill us and experiment with us and they try to probe us and all sorts of stuff.Why would God create something that would do that to us?IMHO though.Please no flammingthis is a discussion.Try to keep your discussions peaceful and clean.Remember,the truth is out there...*freaky song starts*
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-20-2002, 03:17 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Aliens exist - the probability of this dump of a planet having evolved the only intelligent life-forms in the universe are remote. Wait a minute, it wasnt a dump before humans came along, was it? Which kind puts a question mark after the "intelligent" part. But this is besides the point.

But the chances of them coming to earth to perform kinky experiments is probably just as remote. I mean why, surely they have something they can probe closer to home if their that way inclined? And this planet isnt very deirable now that humans have lived on it for a few dozen millenia.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:20 PM   #3
Lord Shield

yes I do. God had nothing to do with Creation, so chance of life allows for others elsewhere

Old 06-20-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

In theory:Fact [img]smile.gif[/img] The truth may or may not be Out There, but the evidence is.
I cant post long as I have a game to run, but the hundreds of thousands of reported abduction cases and eyewitness encounters is definite evidence of something going on. Also the plethora (I love using that word!) of clues left scattered through history that archeology has only discovered in the last 100 years. Lots of evidence there as well.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:34 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I have a strong suspicion that the woman who's living next door to me is an alien. If y'all could see her you'd know what i'm talking about.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:40 PM   #6
Zidane
Manshoon

I believe there are other worlds out there.

Surely the evolution that happened on our own planet is not a one off.

There are millions of planets and galaxies out there, it would be very small minded and tunnel visioned of us to say there was no other life in all those possibilities.

Anyway just my 2c worth.

Lady Zidane
Old 06-20-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
catzenpewters
Manshoon

In my opinion, it seems very likely that there are aliens out there somewhere. Whether they're even close enough that we'll ever meet them is hard to say. Whether they've ever been here is questionable, but some interesting finds have made me wonder whether they've been here in our distant past. Do they come nowadays and abduct people etc? Possible, but why would they want to? I don't buy it - I'd be more likely to believe some national governments are doing it if it happens at all. Still and all, I hope there is other life out there - providing they're not hostile it would be fascinating to meet them.

One other thing I find interesting is that very few organized religions/faiths acknowledge the possibility, or certainty, of aliens. I don't see why the concepts of God and aliens are incompatible. If God made one intelligent species, why wouldn't he make more? Seems like a waste to create a whole universe just for us.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:53 PM   #8
uss
20th Level Warrior

i belive that neither gods or UFOs exist. aliens, in the other hand, do exist but they havent had contact with the human race yet, IMHO. and i dont really think they have all that fancy technology like in most alien movies(except Alien series)
Old 06-20-2002, 03:57 PM   #9
Lord Shield

no UFOs? then how do they get here? far as I know, the number 353 bus doesn't go out that far

Old 06-20-2002, 04:01 PM   #10
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
no UFOs? then how do they get here? far as I know, the number 353 bus doesn't go out that far
heh, do you really expect me to belive that little big headed, gray skinned aliens with flying saucers come to abduct people to experiment evil things on them?