Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2003, 12:10 PM   #21
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
I shall ask this once, and one final time, does anyone, want to hear the short story am writing? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QB]
I don't want to "hear" your story but would like to read it. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
I just read that a pregnant goldfish is called a twit. If that is true then what does that say about all of our Eurotwit members here at IW?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #22
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

arrgghh!! Guess I shouldn't look at my 401K unless I want a headache.
My gain was -1.31% last month (yes, that's a negative). If I put the money in my saving's account I'd get .8%. Ok, so I'm really doing better than -1.31 since I'm getting matching from my company, but still, it's not making me happy.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:19 PM   #23
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
I shall ask this once, and one final time, does anyone, want to hear the short story am writing? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I don't want to "hear" your story but would like to read it. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
I just read that a pregnant goldfish is called a twit. If that is true then what does that say about all of our Eurotwit members here at IW? [/QB][/QUOTE]YAY!!!! Someone who will read it! This is what I have so far,

Prologue

Vorian looked down through the darkness of the night. The elf looked down at the burning elven city. His brothers and sisters lay strewn throughout the battlefield.Orc and goblin kin lay with them. A horrible battle had taken place. How he despised the creatures. The elf sheathed his blade and started down the hill into the starry night. After a few moments of sprinting down the field he reached the fallen gates of the elven city. Vorian stepped in caution. He suspected that hostiles may still be walking the streets. He soon reached the heart if the city. There is saw a heavily bloodied and armored orc laying face down across an elven woman. The orc’s crude blade still stuck in her back. He hung his head in horror. Another life lost at the hand of an orc. Arrows stuck out from the orc’s back like spikes. He stepped closer and knelt by the female elf. He tilted her head up to see who it might be. Horror,rage,and sorrow overcame Vorian at that dark moment of fate. The elf was his love, Leora. Anger swept over him as he unsheathed his blade and struck the orc’s neck, lopping off the head and sending it rolling across the hard,stone ground. The orc’s face then revealed itself. Across the beast’s left check was a red and white claw, the emblem of the demon, Izutarren. Silent tears ran down the elf’s grim face as he cried out in grief…………

Chapter 1

Vorian,a high elf of the fallen elven city, Timla'ntif'sal. Vorian was only 27 in human terms. His shimmering,golden blond hair reached his shoulder. His bangs fell down in front of his eyes.He had a slender, but muscled body. He golden eyes pierced through the darkness of night and his strong,sharp voice rang through the air when he spoke.He had an aura of courage and care to him. Vorian's normal clothes was a white tunic with a golden trim and normal clothes like a belt,boots,undershirts and the such. He excelled in the longsword and bow. Daggers were usually concealed in his boots for that "special" occasion. He ran with the grace and speed of a cat and was happy and joyful most of the time, but these days were dark for him. He now wandered the countryside after losing his city,his love, and his brethern to orcs and goblins lead by the most evil of all things, a demon. He had sworn revenge and would take on this beast to the lowest levels of the abyss. Now he just needed to find a home. Vorian headed for the great city of Baramon,the capital of Talmeres. He had discarded his ruined leather armor some time ago and walked with just his tunic and weapons with him. "How much farther away is Baramon?" the elf wondered to himself. A gleam in the distance caught his eye. His eyes were now fixed upon the object. It was the silver tip of a staff, in the hands of some humanoid. He scrambled up a tree to get a better closer look at the thing, an avoided being seen. His eyes widened when he saw what it was. He jumped from the tree and in front of a mage, named Aracard Wi'lkia, a friend from long ago. He jumped back when Vorian jumped in front of him. "By the gods, Vorian Sar'narth!?" "Yes yes it is I my friend, It is a joy to see you again!" Vorian smiled. To see one of his friends has livened his spirits. Aracard was a tall, half elven man, with glossy black hair and a finely shaved beard. He wore heavy robes of red, blue, black, and white. His wooden staff was tipped with a silver orb and came out in a lightning bolt shaped end. The wizard was wise and intelligent and very strong willed. He was an old man , but still looked in his young ages.
Vorian’s golden eyes met the half elf’s misty,gray ones. “Tell me Vorian my young elvish friend… what has become of Timla'ntif'sal?.” Vorian’s gaze met the ground as he struggled trying to explain. He told Aracard all about what he saw,what had happened to Leora, and the planner of the attack. Aracard’s eyes widened. “ Izuterran will not stop at Timla'ntif'sal! He will move his forces into other cities!” Aracard spoke quietly. “He already has.” came another voice. They looked up and saw a man about Vorian’s height sitting in the old oak tree next to them. He wore a studded leather jacket over his black, long sleeve shirt. There seemed to be endless amounts of daggers and throwing knives covering his belt, legs, jacket, and where ever else they lay hidden. A dark black short bow was slung over his back. A quiver of arrows strapped to his back. His dark black piercing eyes bore into them both. His sleek black hair drooped down to his shoulders and he had a cleanly shaved face. He hopped down from the tree. “Another familiar face, nice to see you thief.” said Aracard. “Jiker Loiyel, great to see you again my friend.” said Vorian with a smile upon his face.

I still haven't come up with a good title yet

[ 03-18-2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
Old 03-18-2003, 12:26 PM   #24
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, that's good! You have some talent there! I am also writing a story but it is sci-fi, not fantasy. You have come up with your own world quite well. Make sure you find advice on how to continue it, as creating an entite new world by yourself can be difficult. Don't be afraid to ask for help, as many professional authors do so with their books.

PS: I can see where this is leading, though. A group of adventurers? Sounds like AD&D to me, or Baldur's Gate!

Be sure to post updates somewhere! I do think you have some talent. At least, you hooked me, unfortunately the story is short at the moment. Good luck with the rest!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

EDIT: By the way, how do you pronounce the elven city's name?

[ 03-18-2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 03-18-2003, 12:33 PM   #25
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Hey, that's good! You have some talent there! I am also writing a story but it is sci-fi, not fantasy. You have come up with your own world quite well. Make sure you find advice on how to continue it, as creating an entite new world by yourself can be difficult. Don't be afraid to ask for help, as many professional authors do so with their books.

PS: I can see where this is leading, though. A group of adventurers? Sounds like AD&D to me, or Baldur's Gate!

Be sure to post updates somewhere! I do think you have some talent. At least, you hooked me, unfortunately the story is short at the moment. Good luck with the rest!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

EDIT: By the way, how do you pronounce the elven city's name?
lol Timla'ntif'sal? Tim- laant- tiff - sawl Is hos it is prounouced. I made up mostly everything I have. (Of course I didn't make up orcs and goblins did I? And trees. I made up the rest of it err you get it right? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Thanks dude. I will keep you guys updated. Somehow.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-18-2003, 12:40 PM   #26
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Aaaah. I can see that now. Yeah, I get what you mean . So what do plan for the rest of the story? Like, how are you going to explain the...sort of...details if you like, if you are at all? What I mean is, are you going to just launch straight in, or provide some sort history of the land in a convenient spot. Like, if the company arrives at a new city, sort of explain the history in parts, with a new thing at a different city. AS I said before, good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #27
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Yup. That is exactly what i am going to do. The next city they move on to is Baramon. They are leaving to spread the news, there they will learn the past of the country and Izuterran. I will try and add some more to the story to night. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2003, 12:54 PM   #28
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Congrats Epona! LOL...Over here we call em 'Stoves'.

We also say 'nuking' too.

Hmmm...interesting bit of trivia: Did you know that Microwaves dont actually 'nuke' food. They use radar waves(yep, the same thing that they use to find planes) to bombard food, excite the water molecules, and cause it to boil. [img]smile.gif[/img] They used to be called 'Radar Ranges', except, during WWII and after, people were nervous about 'Jerry and Jap' spies(forgive the term, but it *is* historically accurate, and appropriate in context [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) using their 'Radar Ranges' to spy on Americans cooking their dinners Apparently the public outcry was such that all of the 'Radar Ranges' were recalled/pulled from shelves, and came out about a year later with the new name "Microwave".

See...I'm just full of useless information.
I did physics at college
Old 03-18-2003, 12:58 PM   #29
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Great job SomeGuy! Your story is really taking shape. The prologue was very good. It isn't a writing technique that is used as much or as well as is should. I could really picture in my mind what you were writing. In my head it's already starting to be a pretty good movie. Keep it up.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:30 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

So Epona, now that you've got the lights working again...or I assume you do! LOL, is the 'cooker' working ok? I really did envision something like a crockpot (slow-cooker)! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] But a stove makes perfect sense!