Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-07-2001, 07:59 PM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai_OHF wrote:
Quote:
That was awesome Sazerac !! I wished i could meet you too, it sounds like you are a very interesting person. Thats a incredible story, not many people have gone through that.

Anyway, you know that next thursday its 10 May again ??
Thanks, Ertai! I appreciate your kind words. Yes, I know May 10 is coming...that's part of the reason I posted this, part also because of some of the other posts here that I thought my story may help someone else. I'm so glad Moni posted as well (Hi, Moni! .)

This will be the first year in three years that my wife and I will be able to celebrate our anniversary without me dying in a hospital! It's sort of a great closure for me to be able to do this.

Thanks once again (and to all who have posted with your words of encouragement!)

Old 05-07-2001, 09:32 PM   #22
Moni

Quote:
This will be the first year in three years that my wife and I will be able to celebrate our anniversary without me dying in a hospital! It's sort of a great closure for me to be able to do this.
hee hee
That's just AWESOME Saz!
Here's to wishing the both of you many more anniversaries together and in good health!

Love, Hugs & Peace,
Moni

Old 05-08-2001, 12:08 AM   #23
CyberPixie

That's an amazing story, Saz. I'm glad you took the time to share with the board...you have a lot to teach those around you.

Old 05-08-2001, 12:33 AM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Cyberpixie! Something I forgot to mention is that since my "ordeal", I've been a volunteer at some of the area hospices, especially with those who are terminal cases. Even just sitting with people and listening to them talk and tell their fears, and being able to share what I've been through...it gives them hope, or eases them a bit. I think that's part of what I meant by being a "death-master"...not that I bring death, but I can help people face it and deal with it a little better than before. I'd like to think so, at least.

Old 05-08-2001, 12:42 AM   #25
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hey Saz, It's only me, but I just had to say it here, I sure am glad you didn't die! You are so special and I am so blessed and proud to call you "friend". I love you man!

Mammawlin Barbarian (cousin to Mammawlin)

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
Old 05-08-2001, 01:59 AM   #26
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I wanted to post my own experience of what I've been through in the past two years, in hopes it may help someone else with stuff they're going through right now.
I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I'll just tell you a BIT.. (I don't like talking about this really-even family in other states didn't know until last year)

I've had something for 6 years now that is very serious, and has even been so bad as to make me consider killing myself. I'll go ahead and tell ya: I'm a chronic pain sufferer.. (oh geez).. I HATE telling.. but I need too guys.. the last month has been very bad pain wise. I've had cortasone injections in my hips (both, that's where the pain is) it started in my back, then also went into my legs and feet). I've been on damn Ultram (which is 81 bucks a WEEK) and in the last year, Vicoden (low dose). So it's been a bad time, and I also don't have insurance, and can't work much as I used too. But thats why I work on my website, trying to get income that way.. We're broke weekly now because ofmy damn pills, but now that we're married, I'm getting on Donna's Insurance, but it will cost a lot for a while because of pre-existing... Anyway, I try to keep a smile on my face, and stay positive.. If I didn't I would be dead, ya know? It's hard sometimes, and the pain 'breaks' me once and a while, but I know this; if anyone else could feel what I go through for 1 min, they would cry.. it's that bad... I do have a high threshold for pain, with the help of the medicine that is.

I didn't want to tell anyone this, because I felt you would look at me in a different way, and I don't want that. I'm still a tough mother f'er! I just don't want you guys to think I'm some.. ugh, I dunno, I'm gonna stop now, I'm babbling.

Dan / Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

PS: Sazerac, the reason I posted this is because you had the courage to post yours. and for that man, I know how it feels. We all gotta hang in there.
There is more to my story, but I may tell it later.

Old 05-08-2001, 04:26 AM   #27
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Ziroc,

Thank you so much for sharing! My heart goes out to you truly, brother. I do understand the pain you have, and yet it's different, since mine was finite. You are truly brave, among your other many amazing accomplishments and talents, and you deserve as much happiness as you can get.

I guess a lot of us have been through a great deal...and some of us are still going through it. It makes me count my blessings a LOT. I pray that you will find relief from your condition, and for your continued strength. (And for sure, I'll be clicking on those banner ads on your main page!)

Just as a side note, I reset my Internet connection today, and decided to make Ironworks my home page (since I spend so much time here anyway, it seemed the logical thing to do!).

Hey, Ziroc, you may want to check out one of the threads in the Wizards and Warrior's forum: Green_Athena, a new member, got through the Crypt with some assistance from her cat!! As a cat lover, I thought you would get a kick out of that.

Thanks once again, and many blessings to you!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-08-2001).]
Old 05-08-2001, 04:48 AM   #28
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Ziroc.
yes, my perspective of you have changed. But well it has done so from the time I set foot here. It started out in awe. "Wow, what a good site" and all that.. And well I´m still in a bit of awe, but now I have becom spoiled too

Now with this, I think you are a really brave person, and well. I don´t hold any other perspectives of you other that if I ever get the chance to meet you buddy! The beer is on me !!!

Take care, and why shouldn´t you who has made this forum a place for people to share ideas and also to post what they want and what they need, be able to post too? Well mate, I do think you are brave, and well I have had my share of pain too but still I have hard to imagine what you are going through, so my thoughts are with you mate! I wish you strength and happiness, and if there is anything i can help with, please tell me and I will do my best..

best regards and with respect/ Wolfgir.

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-08-2001, 02:54 PM   #29
Moni

Ziroc,
Man O Man, I wish I could say I knew what you are going through but I only had to deal with my whiplash for about 7 years, but the worst of the pain was in my hips though so I DO know how you suffer!
I got through it all with continued physical therapy via massages that eventually loosened up the pinched nerves and allowed me to walk without pain. A real blessing since I had to park a half mile away from my job and stand on my feet all day!
I hurt for you right now and I literally wish I could take some of your pain so that you wouldn't have to deal with it alone or hurt so much!
I will keep you in my prayers and make SURE that I click on your ads every time I bring the site up in order to give you what actual physical support I can. You deserve that and a lot more for putting this place together for us and keeping it the best place to be on the net!

Love, Hugs & Peace,
Moni

Old 05-08-2001, 03:12 PM   #30
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, Ziroc, i will look in a different way to you too... with more respect and admiration than ever before !! Its good to share experiences, though it might be difficult, so im glad that you did it. I hope that everything will go ok, and i swear that i will keep a browser opened only for clicking on the banners

We´ve got a board full of strong and kind people there. I wished i could meet all of you in RL

------------------

You up ?? Beware !! When falling, better fall from down