Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 07-18-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

If you are serious about wanting to help out, post here!!

I need the following type of help:

1. Quest/Story makers (Single and Multi-Level Quests)
2. NPC Makers
3. Unique Item makers

And other type things..

Mem, I know you are in, sorry about being away for a week or so--been REALLY into NWN! It's addictive!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:37 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ziroc,

Will be happy to help out with either unique items or quests/dungeon design.

LOL Yep, NWN is VERY addictive.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 03:55 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I am IN and it is AWESOME!!

Loving it loving it LOVING IT!!!!

I'd be happy to help with unique items and so on, if you give me some rough guidelines as to what you are looking for - that would be a good "fit". I've created plenty for BG2.

Awesome - I'll be going back into the depths shortly.

I wish there was a quicker way to communicate than by typing commands out, though - I like the interpersonal/conversational part of RPG'ing as well, not just the running ahead hacking and slashing. I guess that comes with the group. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to get my hands on whoever was summoning those @#$% balors though... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Congrats mate - you done GOOD!!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 06:29 AM   #4
Heretic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not very good with the editor but ill gladly help with any testing you need done
Old 07-19-2002, 09:00 PM   #5
Gaiseric the Vandal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

count me in on the making of unique or custom items.....i made a pile of them for BG2......each came with a worthy story of its creation and the reasons behind it (they don't tie in to a Forgotten Realms history or anything....i'm not sure what forgotten realms is exactly)....anyways....i can churn out items like worldcom churns out false profit statements......i just need to know where to find an idea of HOW to make a particular item....the BG2 items were easy...so count me in on the itmes thing
Old 07-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #6
Gaiseric the Vandal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

forget what i said about learning to make items.....i figured it out....would you like the items exported individually or dumped in a chest in a module?......Fair warning about my items.....they can be a lot of fun, and powerful (like 15+ lvl), but they all have their drawbacks (take the "Braggarts Belch" leather armor with description as follows......needs to be slightly modified from BG2 to NWN)

Braggart's Belch Armor +3

This insidiously clever studded leather armor is a must have for any lone wolf assassin. Developed by the assassin/alchemist Achard of Arqa, this armor allowed this bold rogue to complete his assassination contracts in a most unusual way. Apparently Achard, while pilfering a mages home, found a creative little recipe involving red dragon urine, a nitrate compound, and glycerine. When combined VERY carefully, these ingredients would create a very clear and very explosive liquid. Achard then would fill the hollow studs and bumps of his armor, enchanted to make him resistant to fire, with this liquid. The myriad of vials, studs, and pouches that line the outer layers of his armor would then turn Achard into a literal walking bomb. He would then confront or challenge his unfortunate target to a fight or duel, bragging that he would allow his opponent to land the first blow. The victim's first blow was often his last, as at least one vial would break or spring free and land at the attacker's feet, resulting in a rather large explosion. Achard dispatched several of his victims in this manner, and earned an unprecedented notoriety. Tales abound of how Achard could clear a tavern in seconds by merely belching loudly, or indulging in a spirited dance. Achard's bravado led to his untimely demise, however. During a night of particularly rowdy carousing in a tavern in the slums of Athkatla, he boasted that he was so resistant to fire, that he could consume several of the vials the gave him his notoriety, and follow it with a large steel ball-bearing, and suffer no harm, thinking the armor's enchantments would protect him. A brief round of prodigious wagering followed, with Achard himself covering all bets. He then consumed several of the capsules, without effect, followed by the steel marble. One of the few survivors of this unique display of self-delusion described what followed as the most awful display of gastric distress in history. Needless to say, Achard did not survive. His armor did survive, however, and has been handled very carefully ever since.

STATISTICS:
Equipped Abilities:
Any strike upon the wearer releases a fireball blast centered on the wearer (warning to those in the near vicinity......back the wearer up in melees at your own risk)
100% fire resistance while worn

Armor Class: 3
Enchanted AC bonus: +3
Weight: 6
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Mage
Old 07-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #7
Gaiseric the Vandal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

anyways....you get the idea......i have (let me see here) a couple sets of plate armor.....numerous items made from dragon parts.....a "dead shield" (literally)....a couple of cheesy great swords, a nasty crossbow, a longbow that packs a wallop, a destructive (if someone can re-create the "Earthquake" spell from BG2) flail, a diseased longsword, Rilmani (See the keep in BG2-TOB) plate and helm, a robe of the wraith, "Blur" armor, black anti-magic plate armor, a "Divining" Sword, a reallllllly bad halberd (definitely a big bad thing item), an undead repulsing helm, and....the piece de resistance.....something that someone had read about in a fantasy book or got from a PnP module or something....the "HackMaster" Great Sword (probably does more damage to the wielder than to the target, potential for vorpal hits,.....on the wielder due to massive enchantments)......anyways......these items are reasonably balanced, with good and bad features to them, and each has a good (if not humorous) story to go with it....how you want to incorporate them into undermountain (if at all) is up to you.....I should be done making them sometime tomorrow (saturday)...no hak pack should be required (getting all the features right from the NWN toolpack thingie)
Old 07-20-2002, 04:14 AM   #8
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

hey guys i suckat the technical stuff, i havnt really ventured into the toolset yet but id like to help out with the story and quest/scripting etc
Old 07-20-2002, 04:39 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's one that came out of the "Fall of Myth Drannor" AD&D module a few years ago.

Heartcleaver

This monstrous executioner's axe is balanced and sized for large humanoids; humans and other medium sized creatures must wield it two-handed. The blade constantly drips with a poisonous green ichor. It is not a weapon of the Prime Material Plane, but was forged on Gehenna.

Heartcleaver was the weapon of the monstrous nycaloth Gaulguth, the most brutal of the three nycaloths that were at the head of the Army of Darkness that sacked Myth Drannor in the Year of Doom. After the fall of Gaulguth in the Year of the Lost Trench, the axe was reportedly lost among the baatezu-infested ruins of the former City of Song.

Enhancement Bonus +2
On Hit: Poison DC=14 1d2 Strength Damage
On Hit: Vorpal DC=14
Damage 1d12

[ 07-20-2002, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 11:52 AM   #10
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

how do i make and use weapon it willnae work!! argh