Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2000, 09:12 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Something Draggor said in another post made me curious: what difficulty levels are we all playing at?

I beat the game the first time at Standard difficulty and am now playing my third game at Insane difficulty. It's pretty tough!
Old 12-07-2000, 09:56 AM   #2
ironfist

Core Rules.

Old 12-07-2000, 09:58 AM   #3
Merc Widowmaker

Standard

Old 12-07-2000, 11:29 AM   #4
RedArrow

Hard!

You know core rules(which means normal difficulty to me) are for normal people. But I am above the average Joe and I have years of gamin experience so only Hard difficulty would be normal for me!

If you didn't get it I was joking The reason I play at hard difficulty is very nice games I'm very fond of playing finish too quick usually and I feel bad about it. I don't know why but most people including my friends would be happy to beat a game in a short time but not me

Old 12-07-2000, 01:10 PM   #5
Glorick the Half-Orc

I always play normal. Otherwise I find myself reloading over and over again after leveling, I can't help it, if I am a fighter and get 1 hp on the roll, I just go nuts. I get killed pleanty w/o core or hard, and if you ever played AD&D, you don't die that often.

Old 12-07-2000, 01:16 PM   #6
Kaël

Core
I don't think it fair to get 10hp per level all the time
That just isn't AD&D

Old 12-07-2000, 01:22 PM   #7
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

game one- normal
game two- core rules
game 3 & 4 (in simultaneously in progress)- hard
whenever a mage goes up in lvl I switch down so they'll get max hp. all the other classes hafta suffer with randomness
Old 12-07-2000, 01:28 PM   #8
littlemage

I use core rules normally but when leveling up i change to easy to get max hps. I dont care if it's not ad&d but in Bg1 my mage had 19 hp at the end of the game, and it drove me mad as he would always be killed by one lighting bolt or something.

Old 12-08-2000, 02:18 AM   #9
Armisael

Currently playing in core rules, just about finished the game. After this I'll play through on hard or insane. I'm still using the character I played my first game with.

Old 12-08-2000, 03:12 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Memnoch, well I have to be honest, haven´t finished the game yet and so far all five different games I started has been at standard difficulty, have to play it over and over so first standard, and then progress further..
it´s not easy to choose your character, fisrt time around I had a ranger, then I got tired of all these bloody vampires and level drainers so I played with an undead hunter and then a fighter and then.. Well sorry got off the beat here..
Well, standard first!