Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
ocelot
Dungeon Master

I know that so many choice's exist but doe's anyone have experience in finding out which class and character receives the most in NWN?

You can receive 3 feat's to start with selecting these attributes;

Int 14
Dex 16
Str 16
Con 12

My first round choice for a fighter would be
Point blank shot
Rapid shot
And Lightning reflex.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:27 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm stabbing in the dark here, but I'd say a human fighter, wizard, or rogue. Humans, for one, get an extra feat at first level, and I believe fighters and wizards receive the most feats. Rogues, on the other hand, receive the most skill points out of all the other classes. Special abilities are in there somewhere, but I'm pretty sure they're evenly distributed among all classes pretty evenly.

That's what I'm guessing, at least.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:31 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yah, it be them there Human Fighters
Old 05-19-2003, 09:01 AM   #4
ecarletti
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With D&D 3E, human get a bonus feat at 1st level.
The fighter is the class with the most feats :
one at first level, then one at each even level
(2, 4, 6, 8, 10, ...)
So a human fighter at fist level will have 3 feats.
ecarletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Power attack and cleave are two favorite picks for a new fighter tank.

The typical lack of heavy armor at lower levels makes dodge useful as well, but as I recall wearing heavy armor negates this advantage.

I love Cleave! Nothing like the thrill of vanquishing a foe to inspire you to take a swing at the next one!

Power attack has it's limits as well, but makes short work of chests and like items.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:34 PM   #6
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Power attack and cleave are two favorite picks for a new fighter tank.

The typical lack of heavy armor at lower levels makes dodge useful as well, but as I recall wearing heavy armor negates this advantage.

I love Cleave! Nothing like the thrill of vanquishing a foe to inspire you to take a swing at the next one!

Power attack has it's limits as well, but makes short work of chests and like items.
Definitely Human Fighter has the most feats, and definitely Human Thief has the most skill points.

For human fighters, considering that missile weapons stink in the OC, is best served by taking Power Attack (so that he can take Cleave), Cleave (awesome feat), and Weapon Focus (so that you can get a earlier magical version of your weapon of choice).

This assumes you are using either a simple or martial weapon. Throw in exotic weapons, and you should lose Weapon Focus to get the Exotic Weapon Proficiency. If it is a dual-weapon, then you need to use all of your slots to use it effectively (Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting). Using two weapons (one in each hand) uses up two slots (Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting) leaving a third (say Weapon Focus or Power Attack).

Confusing I know!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 11:22 PM   #7
Nanobyte

Regardless, playing a character that's fun over one that's easy is what I'd prefer. If you ever have time, try out a wizard/cleric. They've got to be one of the funnest multiclasses to play (they've actually made a PnP prestige class that can cast both arcane and divine spells, but I can't remember the name of it).
Old 05-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #8
offshore33
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm at work, so I can't confirm this, but what about classes like the Monk who automatically receive certain feats just for attaining a certain level? Off the top of my head they get Improved Unarmed Strike, Cleave, Knockdown, Improved Knockdown, Deflect Arrows, and Stunning Fist all for free over the course of a character (those listed I know are all gained before 10th level.) These are all in addition to the feats you choose for yourself at level up.
offshore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:25 PM   #9
Nanobyte

Those are special abilities, and all classes receive those.