Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Borg
The Magister

Ok, this is quite frustrating. I finally figured out how to get into the area with the prisoners and am fighting the concealed prisoner. Even though most of my attacks miss, some still get through and I have gotten the prisoner down to near death several times. But, it seems that I cannot kill him! Whenever he is down to near death, it seems that he is immune to all my attacks. What am I doing wrong?
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:17 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Early releases of the game had a bug in the improved invisibility spell that made it impossible to target anyone under its effect. The 'concealed' prisoner uses that spell, among others. You may eventually be able to kill him if you have enough area efect spells of sufficient power.

I just have my most intimidating character tell him to leave; sometimes that has to be done twice before he goes. If that doesn't work for you, then start combat and kill him before he can get off his spells.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:51 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Ummm if i rember correctly....I think all i did was summon a jaguar who went directly for him and then caseted some radial spells too. Thorn spray n firestorm are the two best. I belive the main problem is that he casts seven eyes and if you have a spell to dispell that (i did not) then that should help too. There is a way to kill him so dont worry!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:51 AM   #4
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Cast area spells, as mentioned above, and try "see invisibility".
BTW-before he casts anything, hammer him with missiles, and mms.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote