Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-13-2003, 07:40 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Well.... I typed this one day on Microsoft Word thinking I should post it. I finished and decided to post it another day. I told Calaethis Dragonsbane(thank you man! You've helped alot in my daily problems with bullies and the such) about this and he finally coaxed me into posting it.. I hope you guys like it, it took me awhile to type it up.

IronWorks, My Only Sanctuary…

Hello my fellow IronWorkers… I have made this topic to let you know how I feel about my school, my peers, and my life… I have been wanting to share this with you , but never could urge myself to do it. This will really make the burden upon me feel better. I have always wondered if I was different then my peers at school… Now I know that I am. I am not like them and hopefully never will be. Soon I shall become a 7th grader and those vile 5th graders will become 6th graders… A few (most) I have always disliked and wished would leave my life forever. To my peers I have lost all dignity by being made fun of. I have taken emotional blow after emotional blow… each making me lose more self-respect. I have been jeered and laughed at for years now and have never found a way to stop it. I have tried ignoring, threatening, trying to reason with, and trying to make friends with. All have failed. Whoever said “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words cannot hurt me.” was wrong. Words have hurt many, including me and some of my friends. Whenever I am made fun of I try to shove it off, but “they” never stop. I never knew I was different then them all in a way until this school year… that I had something more and different about myself. I’ve ask myself countless times: “Was I meant to be like this? One who wishes to be good and do right instead of wrong? One who would be the good guy to all instead of hanging with one group of people? One who thought “they” were his friends ,but was fooled in the end? Was I made like this? Or did I just become this… “ I’ve always despised seeing my friends made fun of, even those who aren’t my friends. I’ve stood up for them and tried to help, losing the fight in the process. I felt I have no one to go to. My friends( somewhat ) do not understand me, and I have never felt right going to my parents for support, even though I love them dearly and honestly with all my heart. IronWorks… My Sanctuary of Support and Care, they were there when I had no one to turn to. My world has come crashing down and IronWorks supported me. I thank you, everyone who has contributed to help me. I love you all very much and would be devastated if I lost even one of you. You guys are the best.

-Andrew
Old 03-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Don't worry about it Andrew - I've said enough on AIM - so I won't say anymore here - you'll be fine.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:53 PM   #3
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I want you to know that I am here for you. Contact me anytime for any reason. I have a son, also named Andrew, who had to deal with exactly the same thing for several years. I really do understand your pain and will help any way I can. Don't give up because there are good people out there. You will meet them and be a part of a good group. Right now, you are part of the IW group and we are all supporting you.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I to understand where you're coming from Andrew. I'd lived in a very large city where the only thing that mattered was what people thought of you, but when I came to this small town, it has quickly become my new home. There are a lot of good peeps out there, but unfortunanetly you've only met the jackasses in it. If you need to talk good buddy, you can PM anytime you want. If they don't stop, I'll come over there and whoop them myself
Old 03-13-2003, 08:13 PM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

See - I TOLD you that there were good ppl on IWs altho you knew that already and I told you you'd feel better for posting look at all the nice replies so far

Seriously tho - as I said before (on AIM) - feel free to talk to me on AIM anytime. [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Andrew, I can cetainly relate to your problems. I am 30 now, but when I was in JR high, I thought there would be no end to the teasing and isolation I endured there. In fact, it ended up changing my life for the worse eventually.
I made to the end of 9th grade in high school then droped out. I could not take it any more. Dont let this or anything worse happen to you. I know that right now it is very important to fit in and be accepted, but I garantee they wont even remember you in 10 years. I went to my 10th reunion and the same assholes thet isolated me back then, acted as if nothing ever happened. You may be thinking, why did you go to your reunion? Well I had made a few friends in my grown years, that were in my class, so I went with them. I live in a fairly small community.
Anyway, it is imperitive that you hang in there all the way. They may leave scars that will shape you forever, but the scars you leave on yourself will hount you forever. Screw them all! Just turn away and focus on you, not their perception. As you know, it is wrong anyway, so what the hell do they know?

Please PM me if you wish further opinions from a veteren outcast. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 08:39 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Hey, SomeGuy, we've all been where you've been - or similar little hells like it. In the school where I grew up, the kids were especially mean - the kind of mean you think you only see in movies. I spent many days of my life being bullied and many being otherwise taunted. With a few notable exceptions, the rough kids fought me, the cool kids teased me, the jocks did a mixture of both.

That changed slowly once I got to high school, but I felt it never completely went away.

Let me tell you now the most important thing you must learn. Self-love and self-respect. Everyone has insecurities. These kids that pick on you do it because *they* are insecure and need to belittle others to have some self-worth. They mean nothing. Not to you, anyway. They are each worthy in their own right and they each have insecurities whether you know it or not.

You are a great guy. I said so. But I don't need to -- you simply are and you should know that for yourself.

As early as possible in your life, learn that you are just as worthy of breathing air as anyone else, that you are desirable to friends and to those of the opposite sex - whether or not you are desirable to one specific particular one or not (no namespaige mentioned) and that you are bright and will succeed unless you stop yourself from succeeding.

When I was in my mid-twenties I finally got over being (too) insecure. It was my girlfriend at the time - one I *really* liked more than all the others - who got it started. She told me briefly and succinctly one night that I was a good catch, that she liked me, and that the only thing that stood in my way was that I was too insecure to realize these things. She now happens to be my best friend and my wife.

Good luck with life's trials and tribulations, SomeGuy, and know that a great many of us are with you.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:45 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Thank you everyone. This has made me feel a great deal better. You guys make me so good when you say such good things about me! You guys have been here to help me so many times! I wish I could do something in return somehow!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-13-2003, 08:46 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Thank you everyone. This has made me feel a great deal better. You guys make me so good when you say such good things about me! You guys have been here to help me so many times! I wish I could do something in return somehow!
Just do us the favor of doing what many of us failed to do and TAKE... GOOD... ADVICE. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 08:49 PM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hehe, yea