Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2000, 01:45 AM   #1
PIMP

Just for fun I saved in Erathsmedors lair where soon after my save I murdered the big beast. It was a long battle but I didn't lose a single character. The experience points were alright, they gave all my people 4-5 levels and thats not bad because all my peps are about level 17 or so(NOW)Paladin,Warlock,Samurai,Ninja. He gave me back the blanket(shield)a book and armour. I haven't went and seen what they might be. BUT MY QUESTION IS TO ANY THAT MAY HAVE TRIED THIS(WILL IT AFFECT MY GAME IF I KEEP PLAYING AFTER MY WONDERFUL AND MOST FORFILLING KILL EVER IN A GAME). Or do I need to go back to my unhappy killing of rat people and spilled jelly that attacks you.
Old 12-20-2000, 06:16 AM   #2
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

This topic has sparked quite a bit of conversation in the past; I don't believe it will adversely affect your game, but you must ask yourself how the brutal killing of one of the sacred watchers will weigh on your conscience. Of course, Ravensong (I believe?) brought up some interesting points regarding the overall disposition of Erathsmedor; in denying the incumbent heroes the shroud, which wipes the Mavin clean (and also, presumably, the "staining", as I like to call it, of the aforementioned protaganists) does he, too, play a part in the corruption of the Mavin's weilders? It would sreem so. In addition, it's rather hard to ignore his dangerous fiery breath as you sojourn about the land. Though it's rumoured his breath is incidental to him attempting to incinerate other beings, I've noticed him to direct his dangerous halitosis my way when there were no other creatures around. In this respect, I would call open season on him; anything that tries to kill me, regardless of its apparent beneficent demeanor later on, becomes "fair game."

So, to conclude, you'll have to rationalize what you've done, killing one of the sacred watchers, with your own conscience. If you view his fiery overland breathings as intentional, then, by all means, excise his presence from the land. If you see him as simply misguided, struggling to do what he sees right, then you may wish to reload. From a purely practical, "gaming" standpoint, I don't think it matters either way. Someone please correct me on this if I have erred in my analysis of Erathsmedor's importance after you conclude the shroud quest.
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote