Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:34 AM   #121
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne

Alarm bells were going off in Anne's head as much as in Bas'. That brain wasn't something she wanted to be touching, but she didn't want to see any hostile reaction from their hosts either. So despite all of her reservations and every warning her brain was giving her she stood up and gingerly placed her hand onto the surface of the brain.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:40 AM   #122
Encard
Quintesson

Evon gave the newcomer a small wave but didn't answer, seeming preoccupied. With another small nod, the gaunt man placed his hand confidently on the runed brain.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:11 AM   #123
Caleb808
Dungeon Master

Ulik was never one to deny the requests of reptilian creatures holding magical organs and so he drew closer, behind Evon, and reached over him to put a hand on the brain. While they wait for the results of their action, Ulik makes idle conversation with the gaunt man "So, where are you from?" he asks.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #124
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Everyone touching the brain

Even though it was hovering above the hot embers, the brain felt cold and clammy, though not actually wet. The surface was smooth, slightly soft and gave just a little bit under an insistent touch.

At first, it seemed that contact with the thing was nothing but an odd tactile experience, but as the last of those who intended to touched it, they all felt their minds opened to an alien presence, whether they resisted it or not. They could feel it spending a few moments probing, searching through their thoughts for something, maybe finding it, maybe not, before it announced itself.

"As I have foreseen, so you have come," said the voice, which seemed to constantly fluctuate, as though a chorus of voices were taking turns speaking, even taking over seamlessly for each other mid-sentence, "A ragtag band, but there is more to you than meets the eye. While others may surpass you in skill and might, in power and position, you have a talent for change. Whereever you choose to go, you can change the course of the world."

"Do not take this to mean that you are some form of chosen ones, that you have a destiny ahead of you or that you are immortal. Foolishness can still kill you and your path is yours to choose, even to discard if that is your choice."

"But no man can truly make a choice if he does not have knowledge, then he is merely blindly choosing paths that lead to lands he does not know. You should learn of this world, experience it, let it teach you. Once you have done this, you should return to me and I will tell you more. If there is anything you wish to ask, you need merely think of it, your thoughts and memories are like mile-high glyphs on a mountain-side to me."

(OOC: Whatever any of you ask of the thing, all of the others will hear, as well as the answer.)

Bas

None of the others seemed adversely affected by the brain. They did not shrivel to withered husks when touching it, they were not burned to ash and they did not degenerate to gibbering wrecks.

While the thing looked and felt slightly unnatural, Bas did not get the sort of vibe from it that he would get from something truly perverse, like the undead.

The bird didn't seem to notice either the brain or the druid, all it's attention was focused on keeping Ulik in sight, and something between it and him.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #125
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora

Tamora stood up and stared in confusion and fear at the floating brain and the others' communion. She took a couple of steps over to Bas. "Learned One," she whispered as she absent-mindedly patted the neck of the big bird, "what is happening? What should we do?"
Old 01-28-2007, 02:01 PM   #126
Encard
Quintesson

Evon felt wonder at the changing sound of the voice, and a multitude of questions flickered through his mind. Choosing one to focus on first, he thought, "What is near us in this world? And who?"
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 PM   #127
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

Lorath kept his hand on the brain, and concentrated. There were so many questions partially coming up, things he wanted to ask about but no complete questions. Finally, he hit on two which he felt were good. "Can the lake be fully cleansed?" and "What caused the portal to arise?"
Old 01-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #128
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

Gan listened in silence to the 'brain' and to the questions his fellows asked. He paused for a long moment, and then asked simply, "Who are you and what is the name of this world?" Another pause, "What can you tell us of ourselves?"
Old 01-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #129
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas stared for a moment longer at the brain before addressing Tamora. His voice faltered as he spoke, his brow furrowed.

"I... I don't know. That thing," he waved a hand towards the brain, "does not feel perverse, in the sense of something that's a violation of nature. But still," he glanced at the thing once more, "I will not risk touching it. Better to wait and see what our companions have to say."

Bas turned his attention to the bird, the druid's features relaxing as he focused his attention on the creature.

"I'm impressed at your touch with the animal. I'll use my magic to speak with it, with your permission and assistance in keeping it calm."
Old 01-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #130
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne

Anne recoiled and let go of the brain when she heard the thoughts of the others around her in her brain. She did not want them to know her thoughts, her secrets. Curiosity gnawed away at her though in regards to the answers given to the questions her new companions had asked. Consciously keeping her thoughts from the surface she gingerly pressed her hand against the brain again, ready to remove it as soon as she felt the need.

[ 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Closed Thread