Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 10:59 AM   #31
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Post deleted after author has cooled down.

[This message has been edited by Hayashi (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 11:09 AM   #32
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Qute correct. We will ALL post our suggestions - suggestions on how to make the game better in story, gameplay and other aspects - and Chala chooses which ones are best.
I am ashamed that a newcomer to IW saw this.
Old 10-29-2001, 11:12 AM   #33
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

How about the spell of "Butt-kicking for goodness!" for fighters only to take out these worthless mages, druids and sorcerers!

Old 10-29-2001, 11:20 AM   #34
Montravant
Manshoon

How about a ring of mental agility and aura cleansing .

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant
Old 10-29-2001, 11:30 AM   #35
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Blade of the Mind.

Great Scimitar.
Intelligent Weapon.
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 17
Can use psionics, mainly Psychokinesis and Telepathy.
Damage: 4D8+4
To hit: +4
Special: Cursed, can only be removed by three consecutive Remove Curse spells, anyone wielding the blade must make a Wisdom check everytime he/she is talking or the BotM will control them and speak for them, in battle, a check must also be made or the BotM will take control of the wielder for the duration of the battle.

Can only be used by:
Fighters.
Paladins.
Rangers.
Psionics.
Old 10-29-2001, 12:07 PM   #36
Lord Exxon

Armageddon Blade (two-handed sword + 15)

Strength set to 30
Constitution set to 30
Able to cast armageddon once per day. Armageddon = a spell that inflicts 200 damage when it is cast, to everyone in the area. Creatures with over 300 hp is immune to this spell. The casters party members is immune to this spell.
Wielder grants a + 15 to thaco (what is thaco anyway?)
1d12 + 15
Usable by:
Lord Exxon (you can change this in the game)

For a closer pic of the sword, check my sig.

------------------

What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-29-2001, 12:16 PM   #37
Nifft the Nimble

Hi Hilm! I'm probably too late, but here goes my wish list:

1) Named Familiars. I want my rabbit named "Bun-Bun"!

2) Neutral Quest Options. There really ought to be a neutral path which sometimes gives you a positive rep point and sometimes costs you one. The good path is very well developed and the evil path is at least present, but there's no mention of actual neutrality. (IMHO the idea of a 'true neutral' is contrived, but if you're trying to role-play a druid or priest of Helm that's what you gotta try to do.)

3) One Evil Thief. A halfling assassin or a half-orc fighter/thief would be very cool. You'd think that evil thieves would be as common as good or neutral ones.

4) More Ice, Acid, Lightning and "Sharp Rock" (Earth-based: iron, stone, crystal, steel, etc.) spells. There're too many Fire spells in the game.

5) Missions where stealth actually matters. Fights that you get full credit (in XP) for avoiding just so long as the primary mission gets done. Assassinations are a good example.

6) More random encounters & actual wandering monsters. I want to have to make my thief (or other scout) work on the way out as well as the way in! Also I'm tired of facing groups of known composition. More randomness! Each encounter ought to be different!

7) Random dungeon generation! This might be impossible with the infinity engine... it would totally kick butt though!

8) Random theft / assassination mission generation! This wouldn't need more any random dungeon generation, just random traps, items & guards. You'd probably only need 3-4 types of houses.

9) More race-specific weapons, armour & other magic items. I see no reason why a Half-Orc ought to be allowed to wear armour made for a Dwarf or Halfling, and vice versa. Thus finding Full Plate for your non-human PC could be a mini-quest in itself.

Thanks,

-- Nifft
Old 10-29-2001, 12:35 PM   #38
Kaleban
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Chala:
Well......as you all probably know you guys are the leading Buliten Board for Bioware games.....if you have any questions about well lets just say new games...."hint" "hint" ummm....such as the new expansion.......this is being highly debated at Interplay....and i think they'll give us the nod......cause its kind of a cliff hanger and people want more so we'll probebly end up giving it to them.......=) im gonna make spells and items....if you have sugjestions post em here or make the thing ITEM SUGGJESTIONS FOR CHALA

Well got to get to work

-Chala

Sorry to nitpick, but has anyone questioned the veracity of Chala's pronouncements? He says he's a Bioware developer (and with terrible spelling AND grammar "if you have sugjestions post em here or make the thing ITEM SUGGJESTIONS FOR CHALA"? Huh???), quotes a few website addresses, and everyone falls in? Man, talk about gullibility!!! Hey, I work for NASA, and am currently on the XP-6 projeyct, which is Toip-Secrete! You cannot know! Haha-ha. All your base belong to us/me. Make your time!

Old 10-29-2001, 12:49 PM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
Sorry to nitpick, but has anyone questioned the veracity of Chala's pronouncements? He says he's a Bioware developer (and with terrible spelling AND grammar "if you have sugjestions post em here or make the thing ITEM SUGGJESTIONS FOR CHALA"? Huh???), quotes a few website addresses, and everyone falls in? Man, talk about gullibility!!! Hey, I work for NASA, and am currently on the XP-6 projeyct, which is Toip-Secrete! You cannot know! Haha-ha. All your base belong to us/me. Make your time!

LOL - if you had REALLY paid attention, you would have seen that both Memnoch and I already questioned this whol edubious thing, only we were a bit more subtle about it
I agree - but let's have Chala speak up for him/herself, shall we?

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 01:49 PM   #40
Kaleban
Manshoon

I guess I'm a bit un-subtle when it comes to rediculously obvious stuff like this. As I read each post under this subject, I was laughing more and more as they got longer and more involved.

Ah the travesties of ignorance, such a pitiable lot. Or perhaps they were all playing along and I am the Fool...