Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2001, 12:09 PM   #1
BigAl
Dungeon Master

Is there an order in which these areas have to be played. Do you have to complete the Stout Mines before you can get pass the Bronze Beast in dragon Spire (i.e you need the the dragon armour from King freyedies). I have not completed the mines (see below) but I have already dropped off the letter from erzebette and the bronze beast stopped breathing fire at me but I cannot seem to advance up the tunnel towards the beast. Is this a game bug or am I required to get something before I will be allowed along this tunnel.

Stout Mines - I realise that you have to get tools/spare parts to fix the EAST track, however they seem to be WELL hidden in my game. Without telling me exactly where and what they are can someone give me a clue.

Will completion of the Ninja quest (lower drawbridge at shurugeon Castle without waking spirits)be affected if you kill the sleeping sentry prior to lowering the drawbridge.

Thanks
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:19 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, you must get the Dragon Armor from the Stout Mines before you can pass the Bronze Beast. There are alternative methods of doing this, though, rather than completing the mines (the least violent of which is standing next to Freyedies' private chamber door and "vanishing" into it, snagging the Dragon Armor there, and then "Vanishing" back to the other side). But then you miss the splendour of the "Burning Caverns"!

Other than that, there is no order to how you should proceed after Serpent Temple before Dragonspire. I would suggest getting your fire spells or stone spells up quite a bit before attempting Boogre Caves, as there are Lilies-a-plenty in there. I think Dragonspire was designed to be the last dungeon in the central area (between Ishad N'ha and Brimloch Roon) so that's why it depends on the completion of other dungeons (Shurugeon Castle, Stout Mines) to complete it. Boogre Caves is an offshoot and can be completed at any time without damage to the story line (although you should complete it before Dragonspire to avoid disruption in the Mage guild quests.)

Have fun!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 12:21 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

D'oh...just saw your second and third questions as well.

2): After entering the Abandoned Mines, head to the far south. Take the southern lift down. You will come to a four-way intersection. Turn left. Proceed down the hallway and turn left at the next entrance. You'll be in a room with a bunch of tombstones and the narrator comments on them seeming to be out of place. Look just to the left of the tombstones and to the right of a broken cart. There should be a rod on the floor. That's the spare part for the Trolley.

3): No, not at all. All you have to do is lower the drawbridge. Go on and kill the sentry; he's worth mega XP.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 04:06 PM   #4
BigAl
Dungeon Master

man....i wish everything in life was as quick and reliable as a response on the W&W forum ..haha

Thanks
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 03:06 AM   #5
the_young_one
Manshoon

If you want all the quests then you should follow this order:

1. Shurugueon Catle (one armory, one pawn shop, one magic shoppe, one temple)

2. Stout Mines (one armory quest)

3. Boogre Prison (one armory, one pawn shop, one bushi dojo, one magic shoppe)

4. Dragonspire (one magic shoppe)
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote