Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-08-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
bodhidharma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need a little help with the mind flayers in the sewer dungeons. Offensively I do great, cloudkill works good, and my 13th level monk kicks their ass. . . if I don't get my brain zapped!! Any good defensive spells to stop their mind frying tactics? I have beaten them, but I always lose a party member. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I need to do this flawlessly. Please help.
Old 04-08-2001, 06:43 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I usually distract them with skeletons (lots of them) then hack away.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 06:44 PM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

To stop their psionic blast you can cast chaotic command.

------------------

Hmmmmmm...Yes, that must be it
Old 04-08-2001, 07:20 PM   #4
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

see below
No great spoil, but lure tactics work pretty well: Send in a wizard eye to check out where they are, first. Then send in either a Bard with the harp that causes confusion (handy. It gets the Umbar hulks attacking them ) or a Mage to cast a confusion spell. Retreat to a corridor on the other side of the circular room (enemy O--O-you). Speed your Thief and have him hide in shadows and send him in just close enough to shoot the nearest Flayer, then race back to the team. The Flayer will follow (more may come as well!) Let it enter the passage where you are, then slam the door so no-one else can get in and kill the one you have. It's pretty feeble on its own in close quarters! Just keep doing this. It's a bit long winded, but you don't lose anyone!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-08-2001, 07:21 PM   #5
Hesperex

Simple Wizard eye, and cloud kill

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.