Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-24-2000, 12:01 AM   #1
Suul-Yinn

Your main character has to be a mage and accept the Planar Sphere as a stronghold after you have completed it as a quest. One of the plots is that you are assigned 3 apprentices who will make 3 things for from a list of 9. The better the item, the higher the risk of failure and/or death of an apprentice.

Old 11-24-2000, 10:53 AM   #2
Melkor Morgoth

How does one get wand&cloack of the apprentice? item description says somebody made them for you in planar sphere?

Old 11-24-2000, 02:08 PM   #3
Joukahainen

I have a questions... What if you go for the wimpy stuff and they don't die? Or do they always die? laugh. Guess I could play it over again and find out. I just really wanted that Staff of Power and scroll of Meteor Swarm. Although if I had thought about it at the time and realized that it wouldn't do me any good to learn the spell because I will never be able to memorize the damn thing. laugh.

Old 11-24-2000, 02:13 PM   #4
Joukahainen

One more thing. If you want a powerful staff for your mage complete the Twisted Rune quest. The Staff of the Magi is awesome. It is a difficult fight though. I lost Jaheira in there. She got turned to stone and I didn't have a way to turn her back. Also can't find another Rogue stone to get back in there to get her. Darn. laugh.

Old 11-25-2000, 09:17 AM   #5
Suul-Yinn

Sorry I took so long to reply. If they all survive you get lots of experience and a graduation ceremony. Unfortunately at least one of mine died in the last task, so I don't know the details.

Old 11-25-2000, 09:29 AM   #6
LilKid

The graduation ceremony is pretty funny, that's all I'll say since it's been awhile since I saw it and I can't remember the details offhand, but the robe is pretty nice for a mage's robe (AC3, but nothing else, but at least it frees up that bracer spot for my mage/thief)... I ended up going for the graduation though. And you get like 50k exp and a little funny scene. Also, if Morul dies, you won't get the potions every week (a big factor in my not getting the staff).

Old 11-25-2000, 11:38 AM   #7
Mortis Metacarpus

Uh? Potions?