Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
deadmoney
Dungeon Master

Hello all, hey just thinking about playing through the OC again and was wondering if there is any certain class that has special things it can do in the OC. For some reason, I'm thinking that a Paladin can go somewhere others can't but I've been wrong before. I played it with a monk last time. Likewise, is there a special class for SoU? Thanks a lot
deadmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

only one I have found is a minor quest in the 1st chapter for wiz and sorcs. you need to collect 4 things to get into the mage guild.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

you also have a similar special thing a druid can do in chapter 2 (or was it chapter 3?)

Other than that it is a matter of minor things like extra dialogue options. I think every class (or race) has a few of those.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Witchdoctor
Dungeon Master

In SOU there is a portion of a certain dungeon area that only a Paladin can access. In it there is a special sword only Paladins can wield. I won't say more, so as not to spoil you, but the answer is yes for a Paladin.

On the other hand in the OC, with the exception of the wizard/sorceror quests for the mage guild mentioned in the post by Sho-Va, I didn't find any special quests that I couldn't get if I had a sufficiently high persuade skill. I went through the OC with a monk with a maxed persuade skill originally and was able to get the druid, cleric and fighter quests, all in the first chapter. I was also able to get the quests with a wizard with high persuade and charisma (via spell, potion & items) since I knew to do the enhancements before talking with the quest givers. I don't recall off-hand if there were rogue, bard, ranger, barbarian, monk or paladin specific quests in the OC, though.

In HOTU, there is an opportunity to collect golum parts and build a pretty overpowered, customly enchanted, summonable golum that acts like a member of your party. That is available only to wizards and sorcerors, but you need at least 4 or 5 levels, I think, in either class.
Witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Witchdoctor:

On the other hand in the OC, with the exception of the wizard/sorceror quests for the mage guild mentioned in the post by Sho-Va, I didn't find any special quests that I couldn't get if I had a sufficiently high persuade skill. I went through the OC with a monk with a maxed persuade skill originally and was able to get the druid, cleric and fighter quests, all in the first chapter. I was also able to get the quests with a wizard with high persuade and charisma (via spell, potion & items) since I knew to do the enhancements before talking with the quest givers. I don't recall off-hand if there were rogue, bard, ranger, barbarian, monk or paladin specific quests in the OC, though.

I had persuade maxed too.

you can persuade your way through all class-specific quests in chap 1 except the mages.

But the druid circle part of the quest in chap 2 can only be done by a druid. You cant persuade yourself there either