Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

spoiler (maybe)
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
in waukeens promenade, i talked to the boy outside the circus tent, then inside i talked to aerie (ogre form) then i talked to spider (boy's mom) then i killed the 'pesants' and got the sword, then i talked to aerie again but it said "cannot initiate dialog, aerie appears to be busy" then i completed the circus tent by killing kallah, then aerie (normal form) joined my party, then i went outside and talked to the boy but he wouldnt give me the exp im supposed to get, he would say "you promised you would find my mom" (or something in that nature)

i have done this part before and got the boy to give me exp, also im not sure but i thought that aerie transforms and joins you as soon as you get the sword and then talk to her (i wasnt able to talk to her). this "cannot initiate dialog" business happened before in iranicus's dungeon, while talking to the sewer golem, i had to reinstall the game, and then it worked.

so, how do i get the boy to give me exp, or did i mess up somewhere earlier?, and am i supposed to get aerie in my party after the kallah battle like i described, or right after i talk to her?

[ 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: thecarrotdude ]

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
- Milton Waddams
thecarrotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

you should get the option to take aerie as soon as you change her from the ogre

the 'cannot initiate' bug is well known and fixed by the latest patch - see the forum FAQ for details of where to get the latest patch and the baldurdash fixpack while you're at it

i'm not sure but you might need to talk to the mother again after you kill kallah to get the XP off the boy - you certainly get XP off the mother if you talk to her again

happy patchin'
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

i have "baldurs gate II the collection" does this need the patch as well because it's the latest version (i think). also, any other patches you recommend?

[ 03-16-2007, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: thecarrotdude ]

- Milton Waddams
Old 03-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
IronDragon
Elminster

after Kallah is dead and the tent is returned to normal you need to talk to mom once again...she is over on the far left of the tent
Old 03-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

i believe so - the "X appears busy" bug is fixed by the official patch linked in the forum FAQ - as it also says in the FAQ download the baldurdash fixpack as well
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

okay, thanks guys

- Milton Waddams
Old 03-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

ALWAYS patch your game, even if it's the 'latest edition'.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote