Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #31
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
everyone seems to have jumped on the 'i agree, saying 'OLD' is OH EL DEE' bandwagon without thinking about the reason people say OLD'. Reason is, is that a joke is normally old and can probably be found by searching the forum, or is old and was never funny in the first place.

if you dont get told its old, how are you to know?

edit: also, this isnt intended as flame bait, this is actually my opinion.
Once again, so what? It being old makes no difference to someone posting a joke they thought was funny and wanted to share it. If its been seen a thousand times before, for centuries, who cares?
As far as it having been posted on this forum before, if I post a joke that was posted in the last couple weeks or so, I could be directed to that thread, unstead of just being told "its old".
Also, everyones sense of humor is different. Whats funny to me, may not be to you, and likewise. I see it as somewhat arrogant to say "outloud" your opinion on what I obviously thought was funny. Whats the point, other than to be cynical?
Old 09-19-2004, 03:00 PM   #32
Gxc
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
Yikes LK... I just did that to your Johnny alphabet thread, and now Im feeling VEEEERY guilty. Sorry if I offended, it was all in good fun.
yes i feel that ive done that too, i probably have.. sorry if i did
Old 09-19-2004, 04:28 PM   #33
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
everyone seems to have jumped on the 'i agree, saying 'OLD' is OH EL DEE' bandwagon without thinking about the reason people say OLD'. Reason is, is that a joke is normally old and can probably be found by searching the forum, or is old and was never funny in the first place.

if you dont get told its old, how are you to know?
And if you are told, what have you gained? They're hardly going to post the same joke again themselves at a later date, so it's not going to do anything there. Are people who say jokes are old hoping that the thread originator will delete them? That's hardly fair. The joke has already been posted, all that is gained is that the person who posted the joke will feel small when they just wanted to share something they thought was funny.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #34
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Dave is a naughty, naughty boy.

Sorry, I just had to crank out my first one liner this morning.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
and Dave is an ahem naughty boy for many reasons not just this [/QB]
LOL WTF? It seems my reputation is spanning international borders now... I think you boys should PM me and tell me all of what you know. Sorry about offtopicness... but, I could not allow this to be said here without some sort of comeback!

Anyways, regarding the topic, I think I know how LK feels actually... It's not nice to repeat a joke that you find funny to your friends and have them NOT laugh and tell you its old. Sorry, I didnt take that into mind when I did so.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #35
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Oh yeah Dave, we've heard ALL about you and your exploits, isn't that right Ronn?! [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #36
Zero Alpha

im sorry if i sound like im on the attack, that is not my intention.

the thing is, i dont visit only one forum, like alot of people i visit many. so when a joke surfaces, ive probably heard it several times befor, and several times after. when a joke is new to someone, yet has been posted multiple times on several forums, its a good idea to tell the person that its old, otherwise they will quite possibly get flamed when they post it on another forum.

think of it this way: if your fly was open, would you prefer your freind to say 'your flys open', or some random group to laugh at you?

if you would all prefer to get flamed by people you dont know, than be told its old by people you do, im sure we could arrange that .

[ 09-19-2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]
Old 09-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #37
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Beware Vas_man and Ronnkez.... they are very much in the know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 10:01 PM   #38
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Oh yeah Dave, we've heard ALL about you and your exploits, isn't that right Ronn?! [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Heh, and exactly how is it that you know about it Vaskez? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #39
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Oooo....I see you are back, Gangrelline. Respect. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

luckily I've only HEARD about the exploits...from sources close to the Big Castle in the Sky

[ 09-19-2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 09-19-2004, 10:12 PM   #40
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
Heh, and exactly how is it that you know about it Vaskez? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Im personally starting to think that you guys are the other parties involved in these "exploits".... well... that or youve seen the videotape.. :gasps:

Hrmm... Ronn... you dont happen to go by the alias.."big daddy", do you?