Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-20-2004, 12:44 PM   #21
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Relax guys, I was baiting you. Still I dislike those remarks 'why post ehre if... ' Nonsense! Can you yourself not even imagine the need to put some opposite arguments here?

Now, for the troll business, yes, I am not happy with the near-absense of prog. Almost no genre comes near the good quality those guys created. Yes, I am putting down modern music, and rightly so, we are being pounded by bad quality. It's the McDonalds of music, and I don't udnerstand how we can keep this going! (don't understand the Mac existing either! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Now, for the disclaimer, don't think I am glad a person died, I will never be(I'm not sad either though)! The point is that I stand against the icon that was Ramone. His music wasn't music, not art, but a statement. And when music goes there, outside of the art, it's a horrible thing.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:24 PM   #22
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Accepting the fact that you have tried to educate yourself on the music of generations before yours, I will let it go and debate.
What about the Beattles in thier begining. Easy to play, repetitive music, with a statement. What is your opinion of the era?

[ 09-20-2004, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]
Old 09-20-2004, 03:32 PM   #23
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:

Now, for the troll business, yes, I am not happy with the near-absense of prog. Almost no genre comes near the good quality those guys created. Yes, I am putting down modern music, and rightly so, we are being pounded by bad quality. It's the McDonalds of music, and I don't udnerstand how we can keep this going! (don't understand the Mac existing either! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
You lose a lot of credibility with statements like that one, to be honest... I'm not being pounded by anything - and there are quite literally dozens of amazing albums coming out every single year (recently released The Fiery Furnaces' Blueberry Boat and The Arcade Fire's Funeral being absolutely phenomenal, to name a few), it's only a matter of keeping an eye out for them. You shouldn't blame your inability to find anything interesting solely on modern music itself.

[ 09-20-2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-20-2004, 03:43 PM   #24
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

LK: Yes I have to agree, very repititive, very simple. Not my kind of music, and I don't like that stuff either. Now we come unto the point that the Beatles were necessary for new music to develop. Well, were they? What if another good music playing band came up instead of them and had the same effect? No one knows, and I wouldn't give them that credit just because they were. I think they could have been replaced by better stuff.

G: I know there is still good music being made, I will add Bela Fleck and the flecktones to that list. But the fact is that those good bands dont get the attention they WOULD ahve got in the 70's just like Yes and KingCrimson and all. Also, I find the level of quality nowadays still less than most of the 70's work... [img]smile.gif[/img]