Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-27-2001, 10:19 AM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Gray Mage--
I don't think the manual will help! I knew how to get the items to work (use 'items' button) but still can't get the damn things to work....I have stopped using amulets/rings/horns because I can't make them work.....everytime I blow the damned horn of valhalla (after spending however many thousand gold upgrading it) it seems to sputter and disappear from my quick slot for a day (and Lilarcor picks that exact time for a witty phraise!) but no "buff warrior" ever appears...and other items like ring of energy/amulet of missiles/daystar sword have never worked....I know they have charges but they never work and many battles have been lost thinking I can turn the tide by hitting this guy with the ring of energy....DOH...that hurt.....oh well.....good luck to you with items.....I am relying on hack and slash (and cloudkill!)
Old 02-27-2001, 10:26 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Moridin, don´t read manual, read about the item in its description, there it states if it is a one use per day or not or three or whatever.. Ok?
Old 02-27-2001, 10:35 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moridin: Do you have all the updated patches loaded? Those things do work for me in my game- at least the ones I have found to date. Amulets and horns and harps etc all have limited uses per day, as Wolfgir points out, so maybe that's the problem?

Cloudbringer
Old 02-27-2001, 11:01 AM   #14
Gray Mage
Banned User

CB: It's sunny here, but windy. The temp would be in the low fifties but the wind cools it off. I hate that! I am about 1.5 miles from Paramus, right around the corner. Do you use a DSL line to play MP, I hafta try to find a group to play with...It sounds like a boat load of fun.
>
>
Well hopefully it will work correctly now.
>
>
Anybody pick up the black spider figurine?? I love that spell(spider spawn) I use it all the time.
>
>
Moridin: Great Sig I love it.
Old 02-27-2001, 11:01 AM   #15
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I don't think the limited use is a problem....I have never been able to use the horn of valhalla....it appears in my quick slot and I try to use it and it disappears from my quick slot (and reappears in one day) but no warrior ever appears?!?!?! That is my big problem item....
My ring of energy says it has 6 charges...I click on "use item" icon and click on ring of energy and then click on enemy (like using a spell) my character just sits there like he doesn't understand......and no charges were used....I have tried the ring with different characters (i.e. mage/cleric/fighter) but none of them can make it do anything....and yes I have installed the patches......
The daystar sword only produces a flash of light that shoots down on the character with the sword but does no damage (fireball/sunburst/whatever) and then it too disappears for a day......
Maybe I am just being a total dunderhead but I can't make these items work.....
I have been able to work the "cloak of stars", "cloak of sewers", "shield amulet", but I am thinking I can use these b/c they aren't really 'offensive' weapons......
Oh well, like I said hack and slash away!
Old 02-27-2001, 11:01 AM   #16
Gray Mage
Banned User

God do I type slow
Old 02-27-2001, 11:14 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moridin: I still wonder if it's a patch fix thing. Too bad they don't work for you, I really like the little extras like that. Although I never do really use that cloak of stars thing, much. Is it any good? I think I have it on Jaheira at the moment.

Gray Mage: So that makes you about 3 hrs from Albany, give or take a bit, I think. Past the usual weather demarcation line. We get the stuff you don't and vice versa!
Re: the multigame- no,at the moment I have a basic winmodem. Slows things down in some places, but we are coping for now. My adventuring companions are real angels about my lag time! I'm looking into a dsl connection . Well, if I ever get a free night (with all these games going on!) I'd love to play a multi-player game with you in it. Some of us are hoping to get an IWD game going and that is all generated characters, no npc-required quests so depending on connections, theoretically it can take 6 people. Check Lord of Alcohol's Heart of Winter thread.

CloudCooler
Old 02-27-2001, 11:16 AM   #18
Gray Mage
Banned User

IWD That would be awesome....let me know, I guess I should go and get it, HUH?
Old 02-27-2001, 11:21 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

GM:
You should get it anyway! I loved IWD, it's the reason I went out and got BG2! And now my (expletive daintily deleted ) CompUsa doesn't have Heart of Winter yet and I've been waiting for it to come out since I finished IWD in mid December....Storm-Queen is not a very patient waiter...sigh. Ck that thread...I can't remember how we left it. I think there were four of us definite....assuming we all get the program and I know Charlie won't have it til March if the news about availability is true.
I sure hope our friends in England get it sooner!
Old 02-27-2001, 02:45 PM   #20
Hesperex

Well heres a friend from England and I do belive that the March release date is correct, it's certainly not in the shops yet anway! ...sob...sob..booo...hoooo

(speak of Hesperexe's sobbing to NO! one, if you should choose not to here my warning then I shall kill you)

OII gradunks ye shud be lisnin to dis ere big ard assassin cause e will urt you real bad offerwise he urts me wen i anoys im and im is personal orc slave the names Grotfink and i bash humies and stunties and elvies and nother fings wen they anoys my master. GRRRR!!!